It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User
how long were u on progesterone post IVF?

Hi ladies,
I have a gestational carrier who is pregnant with twins. She has been on PIO shots and she is now 10wks2days along, she took a blood test this morning to check her progesterone levels. Depending on her results, she may stop or may keep going. How long were you on them and if they checked your levels before stopping, what were they?

Carisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: how long were u on progesterone post IVF?

Hi Carisa,

I'm pretty sure I was on progesterone until I was 9 weeks along after IVF. It's funny that I'm not 100% sure, I thought I was going to remember every single detail of this struggle forever...but now I'm finally focusing on the good stuff. My dr did check my levels before taking me off & I believe they were around 35. Hope that info helps! Good luck to you!

Holly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

I was on them until 12 weeks. That was standard practice at my RE's office... they said that by 12 weeks the placenta was formed and your body would naturally produce enough progesterone because of that. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

I was on progesterone until 12 weeks, they didn't test my levels just told me to stop then.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Carisa, I know I'm a bit late chiming in, but I wanted to let you know that after my successful IVF my RE took me off progesterone at 6.5 weeks. And he did not test my levels. Hope that helps bring you some comfort... I know that I was very nervous when I stopped taking those painful shots, but looking back I'm glad I got off a little early.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User

Hi Carisa, seems like everyone's doc has a diff protocol. I am 9 weeks along after IVF. As per my doc's intructions, I am to stay on progesterone (I am on twice-a-day pills, not shots) till I complete 13 weeks. I don't think they will test.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Closed Thread