It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

mckroot HB User
fibroids found in ultrasound?

I have two small fibroids identified at my 12 week ultrasound. The doctor says not to be alarmed since they're small. Anyone else ever have this? Did they grow larger during the pregnancy and if yes, is that harmful to baby?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
(female)

suewaz HB User
Re: fibroids found in ultrasound?

Yes, I have fibroids. There is the possiblity for them to grow in the pregnancy. Mine have gotten quite large and now cause me quite a bit of pain. I was actually hospitalized for pain around the 25th week (I am now 32 weeks). They can cause problems with delivery if they are in the way of the baby being delivered vaginally. They won't know this until they see how the fibroids develop during pregnancy. One of mine is the size of a grapefruit in there with the baby...and the baby kicks it all the time. It is not fun.

If your fibroids are small, I don't thik you have anything to worry about. The doctors will continue to monitor them throughout the pregnancy. Many women go through their whole pregnancy with no problems from fibroids, I just happen to be one of the unlucky ones.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
(female)

sousou HB User
Re: fibroids found in ultrasound?

yes with my previous pregnancy had one 4cm and stayed 4cm all the way..with this pregnancy same place but this time 3.5cm.....doctor said not to worry unless it starts growing.

Closed Thread