It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Second pregnancy and contractions

This is my second pregnancy. I gave birth to our DD in July 07' and am now due with our second DD September 30th. I never had one single contraction that I was aware of until going into labor with our first daughter. However, I think I might have had one a few minutes ago. I am 32 weeks today. Is this pretty normal to have a contraction here and there? I am not worried about it being labor or anything, just want to make sure it's ok to have a contraction here and there at 32 weeks. Like I said, I don't think I ever had one until going into labor the first time around and don't recall ever even having a Braxton Hicks.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User
Re: Second pregnancy and contractions

I was the TOTAL opposite of you during my 1st pregnancy. I had contractions all the time. My OB actually sent me to labor and delivery twice. Once at around 8 months and again a few weeks later. They just hooked me up to the monitors and then eventually sent me home. This made me certain that I was going to deliver early and then, I ended up being almost 2 weeks late (go figure).

It's hard to describe the sensation, but overall my belly just gets really hard. It's been the same with this pregnancy. I get a few a day. The other night one actually woke me up. They aren't painful, but sometimes they can be uncomfortable. It's nothing to be alarmed about, but it wouldn't hurt to mention it to your doc @ your next appointment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread