It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Is it possible that babies never sleep????

For the past two to three weeks in the morning throughout the day my baby is moving moving moving. I often ask why wont you just calm down. Then at night he's calm but still squirmy at times. Ofcourse when im sleeping i dont feel it but i was wondering does the kid ever sleep or take a break...lol i know this may seem wierd but for the last two days i've been paying close attention and when i wake up he's active and throughout the day. Does anyone else notice this????

I can remember a time when i was freaking out because i couldnt feel him moving too much i guess i got what i wanted.

My mother told me that when i was in her belly she never really felt me move too much and when i was born i never took too many naps or anything she said she thought that maybe i was asleep inside her for so much time....well i hope since my little guy is so active maybe he'll want to simmer down when he's born.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User
Re: Is it possible that babies never sleep????

I know exactly what you're talking about. It seems like my baby girl NEVER takes a break! I wake up a lot at the night (mostly to pee) and she's almost always kicking and poking no matter what time it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

some babies are more active then others. mine will have days where he never stops going and then he will have some days where he just squirms every so often. hopefully this isnt a sign that your little boy is gonna want to be up constantly when hes born too. maybe he will get it all out of his system now and start sleeping through the night when hes just a couple weeks old. we can only hope.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

SG i was thinking the same thing maybe he's bored in there and when he come out he will be amazed my everything else going on that maybe he'll calm down and just sit and watch everything. I felt his hand or either his foot last night i was laying on my side and i felt his him push all the away across on my belly i think it was a hand but it felt stronger like a foot. it was amazing and it made me smile.

Im now able to push him over when he bunches up i can push on one side and he'll even out.

Its getting so close now i mean next week will be the middle of the month can u guys believe it, we will be writing our birth stories in the next few weeks. Goodluck

Old 08-13-2008, 05:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Ha -- sounds like my first child. And it continues into toddlerhood... sigh...

When I went in to be induced they told me I had to keep her on the monitor for at least 20 minutes every hour... well, I was up all night long trying to move that stupid monitor belt around my belly trying to find her heartbeat because she was constantly flipping and flopping around (who would think that was possible in such a small space!).

I ended up having wrist surgery on BOTH wrists last December because she is soooo squirmy that my wrists just couldn't take it when I would try to hold her or carry her anywhere. I had soft tissue damage to my left wrist (arthroscopic surgery) and tendonitis on the right (which is very common in new mothers).

Believe or not, there ARE times when baby sleeps during the day -- it's just that we're active too, so we notice it less. At night when we're calm, baby seems to move alot because we no longer are. Go figure!

Closed Thread