It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

nevaeh123 HB User
Question Dropping belly!!!

Hi, I have a question. I'm at 33 weeks and my due date is Sept. 22nd. But over the last two days I have noticed that my stomach has dropped pretty low. Plus the pelvic pressure has increased compared to what I was feeling. It's very hard to get comfortable or to bend over at all. My pelvic area is also swollen. What does this all mean. I know you can drop a couple of weeks before you go into labor. But what do I need to look for. Could I possibly go into labor before my due date??? Just a little confused any advice.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
(female)

scabbyneutron HB User
Re: Dropping belly!!!

Hi,

I will be 32 weeks on Monday and my due date is 9/28. I too noticed my stomach dropped about a wk or so ago. I cant bend or get comfortable either it takes me about 10-15 min to find a comfortable position. I also have been feeling like I want to vomit but no nausea which is odd. Also very light headed and tired. My hands hurt ( dont know where that came from). I went to the dr. yesterday and he said the baby is in position. He was breach a couple of wks ago. Now his head is down and ready to go.

Yes you definitely can go into labor early. My first son was 3 wks early and the second was two weeks early. i think as long as your past 36wks they let you deliver. Otherwise they try to stop the labor.

Ive known people who went to thier dr's appt and the dr said all was fine and then they go into labor a few hours later. So go figure.

Everyone's symptoms are different. Hang in there and Good Luck!!

Last edited by scabbyneutron; 08-06-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
(female)

2fast HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabbyneutron View Post
Hi,

I will be 32 weeks on Monday and my due date is 9/28. I too noticed my stomach dropped about a wk or so ago. I cant bend or get comfortable either it takes me about 10-15 min to find a comfortable position. I also have been feeling like I want to vomit but no nausea which is odd. Also very light headed and tired. My hands hurt ( dont know where that came from). I went to the dr. yesterday and he said the baby is in position. He was breach a couple of wks ago. Now his head is down and ready to go.

Yes you definitely can go into labor early. My first son was 3 wks early and the second was two weeks early. i think as long as your past 36wks they let you deliver. Otherwise they try to stop the labor.

Ive known people who went to thier dr's appt and the dr said all was fine and then they go into labor a few hours later. So go figure.

Everyone's symptoms are different. Hang in there and Good Luck!!

I'm 35 weeks, my hands and feet have been hurting (I actually asked atg my appt Fri if there is such a thing as gestational arthritis ) but it's actually fluid.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

im due sept 22nd too and i have noticed just in the past couple days that my belly seems a lot lower and it sticks out different then it did before. its more pointed in the front. my pelvic area has been swollen for as long as i can remember so im sure thats just a normal pregnancy thing too. i have heard that if your baby drops early that your labor and push time will be shorter. dont know if thats true but it would be nice if it was. dont worry too much about going into labor early. a dropping belly isnt a sure sign that the baby is about to come and even if he did we are far enough a long now that the baby would be able to survive with minimal short term problems. they would probably put him in the nicu to make sure he was breathing all right but after 34 wks they are usually far enough that with a little shot of steroids they are perfectly fine. babies average 5 pounds at 34 wks and gain a half a pound every week after that(this is the average the baby can always be bigger or smaller then this) so he wouldnt be too too small that he would have to stay in the hospital for a long time and would more then likely be able to leave in a few days

Closed Thread