It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User
Any moms on lovenox shots?

I am 11 weeks along with #2. With Ds i was also on the shots due to blood issues. Even though i always found the shots uncomfortable and painful they were bearable.

This time round i just can t stand the pain and after postponing i am sometimes not taking the shot at all.
I feel that since my first pregnancy my tummy changed and it s so much harder to get the needle in. Even though my dr agrees that this is true as i asked to try himself he has no explanation for this.

Any advice on how to make the shots less painful ?

tHanks amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Any moms on lovenox shots?

are there any other places you can put the shot. im not on that but i take insulin shots and they told me i can do it in my thigh, stomach, hip, or arm. maybe a different spot would be more comfortable for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
(female)

zmanzelli HB User

Hi Amy

The only thing that helps me is ice before and after and spreading the skin apart really tight. Not sure if you tried this yet but this was what works for me.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

mandy2613 HB User

I take heparin shots 2X daily and I find it easier to switch to my theighs for a week then go back to my tummy for a week. i pinch the skin tightly and keep it pinched while pushing the medicine in. sometimes i find it too painfull and i skip a dose. my doc told me that i can go 5 days without the shot and it would not harm the baby. before you skip a dose you might want to ask your doctor. good luck,mandy

Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Sg Mandy....i ve tried my thighs bum and arms....though i get these tennis ball sized bruises which are horrible during summer.

Mandy i think that the heparin is slighlty different from lovenox.....and i think i bruise more from the lovenox..not sure why though.

Zena....yes i found that the ice really helped.Thanks. At time i feel i am being a baby i really uesd to handle the shots well with DS.

Thank you ladies.

Amy

Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
(female)

bec_bec HB User

Hi Amy sweety,

Bad this time round huh? you poor bugger. With Danielle, i used ice held it there for 20 mins before injecting the lovenox.... i know exactly what you mean about missing them, i did too with bub. I also went to the chemist and got a tube of "EMLA" cream it numbs the spot and doesnt bruise up. Not sure if you can get it over there. But in the end i was using ice.

hows bub doing ??? how you feeling this pregnancy besides the dreaded shots? Chris wants another one but I dont think I can go through the daily needles again and the worry that I had with Dani, and the worrying about going into premmie labor while on the blood thinners... it got all too much for me in the end.

Hunny bunny your not being a baby.... the injections are nasty but its what we sacrifice for our lil ones I guess..... at the end of my pregnancy i would end up in tears from them and me only being tiny myself it sucked big time...

Chin up sweetheart...keep me informed of how you go.

Muahhhhz
Bec x x x

Old 09-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Thanks for the advice and the support Bec. I have used both the Emla cream and ice and at one point nothing seemed to work. Then a couple of days ago the shots just became bearable again. I can t really understand why...i think it s due to the fact that my tum is harder now. I am too happy about it too worry.

All s going on smoothly up to now........on my last u/s was told that it s most probably a boy will confirm in 2 weeks time. I am happy about that it will be a bonus for Jeremy with just 1 year between them. Can t deny i will be thinking pink for my 3rd.....if i manage to convince DH.

So how are you? how s Dani? So are you still dicussing another baby...or have you moved on?
Hope all s well. Hugs

Amy

Closed Thread