It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

asileen HB User
Motion sickness medication while pregnant

I am 15 weeks pregnant and was invited to go out on a boat. I always get seasick and usually take over the counter medication. Does anyone know if its safe while pregnant?

Old 08-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User
Re: Motion sickness medication while pregnant

I'm not sure about the over the counter stuff, but your OB can write you a prescription for promethazine. It's for nausea and my OB gave it to me when I went on a cruise during my last pregnancy.

You can also try Sea Bands - most pharmacies sell them and they use your pressure points to control nausea, but I've never actually used them so can't speak to their effectiveness.

Regardless, you should consider how rough the boat trip will be. If its just a sail that's fine, but speed boats are probably off limits.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread