It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

lucy1980hay HB User
why am i losing so much blood after cesarean

why am i losing so much blood 3 weeks after cesarean? It doesn't happen all the time but the last 3 days i have had had hardly any bleeding then all of a sudden i pass clots and then have a heavy bleed ( to the point it filled a maxi sized pad and poured on the floor) after a few minutes it has stopped but then happens the next day. I have been in hospital over this they have taken my blood and i have had a scan but they couldn't find anything wrong and sent me home after 1 night with no real explanation, please could someone let me know what is causing this please. thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: why am i losing so much blood after cesarean

I did the same thing when I had a section with DS. I went to the hospital and was flooding on the ER floor and they found nothing I was told that it was just my first normal period after the section and it was going to be really heavy and have lots of clots some of them was really big. They gave me some kind of pills I wish I wouldn't of took because it stopped it and after 3 days of not taking the pills it started back twice as bad. I assume it's normal because I have heard the same compaint from several women that had a section one being my SIL 4yrs ago and my brothers gf had her baby in April by a section and the same thing happened to her.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: why am i losing so much blood after cesarean

I don't think there's anything inherent in a c-section that would cause you to bleed more than someone who had a vaginal birth. It's probably just the normal variation in how each of our bodies are made.

I would definitely contact your OB to see what's up -- sometimes excessive bleeding could be caused by parts of the afterbirth remaining in the uterus. I assume that you already did this before going to the ER, right? If they don't find anything, then I guess it's just normal for you. Sorry...

Closed Thread