It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
need help from someone who has had GD

is there anyone who had GD and wasnt able to get there sugar regulated? did you still have a healthy baby? im on insulin, i follow my diet plan exactly like im supposed too and i still cant seem to go a whole day with good numbers. it is making me so ****** off cuz i know its bad for him for me to be high and nothing i do works! Im 34 wks now and i read that babies born at this time are normally as healthy as a full term baby so im kinda hoping ill just go into labor soon so i quit hurting him. i have been on this diet plan since 7/25 and i have only had one day where all 4 tests were good! i thought today was gonna be another good one and i just took my sugar 2 hrs after dinner and its 34 points higher then it should be! im out of ideas cuz nothing i do makes any difference

Old 08-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
(female)

daina HB User
Re: need help from someone who has had GD

HI Sg,

Sorry to hear your blood glucose levels are not stabilizing. I think your doctor is the best person to give you an accurate answer to most of your questions. The only thing I can think of is that exercising might help. I have GD myself and I am able to control it with diet. I know that my post-prandial glucose reading is always at least 20-30 points less if I exercise following a meal. Even 30 mins of walking or swimming works great for me...

I know you are concerned about the baby, but I am sure he and you will be OK. Have you had an ultrasound lately to find out how big your baby is???

Take care and all the best.
D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: need help from someone who has had GD

no drs around here absolutely suck, i havent had an ultrasound since 19 wks and he hasnt even really said anything about another one which my endo thinks is ridiculous. im gonna try to get him to give me one on wednesday

Closed Thread