It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
November Mommies 2008 - Part 8

Hi all I hope you are well.

Holly I am so glad you passed your glucose test, but I am sorry that your iron is on the low side. I hope the meds work for you. I am also sorry that you are suffering from constipation, I hope you find some relief soon.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning and looking forward to it. I have a feeling I also have low iron b/c I am still bruised on my hand from the drip two weeks ago. I will ask the dr about it. My little one is so active so I am not worried or anxious about my u/s tomorrow at all. I am sure everything is going to be fine.

I am feeling a bit depressed this morning b/c I stood on the scale and have picked up 3 kg / 6.6 pounds in the last 2 weeks and I am not feeling good about it. I know that it is all part of being pg but gaining so much weight in such a short period of time is very depressing for me. I have been over indulging on sweet things, so I have decided to cut out everything sweet from now on.....sorry for the vent.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

Charlene

Old 08-12-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: November Mommies 2008

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for the tips on the constipation. My dr told me to switch from taking Metamucil daily to taking Senokot. Hopefully that will make a difference...if not, I definitely plan on taking Sousou's advice and trying to switch my prenatals next. Something has to give soon.

Charlene, I'm excited to hear about your upcoming appt! Let us know how it goes! And don't worry about the weight gain. Our babies are gaining weight quicker these days, so that could have an effect too. You're still doing much better than me, so you're not allowed to complain, okay? Just kidding. I know it can be depressing watching the scale go up. We'll have plenty of time to lose it after the babies arrive.

Holly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2008, 05:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Holly thanks for the encouragement about my weight gain I will try not to complain. I hope that the switch in meds helps you with your consipation.

I just got excellet news my very very good friend who bought my salon a few months ago she is 9 weeks pg and we were the very first people they told. DH was luckily here for lunch when they broke the news to us. I am super excite for them. Just thought I needed to share my excitement.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Holly, I read on the old thread about your glucose test and how you passed with flying colors!!! Congrats! So does this now mean the 3 hour test is deemed not necessary? As for the constipation, I've been fairly lucky I'd say, but I do take a single colace each day 100mg (with my Dr approval of course). Occasionally I'll miss one and can usually notice that within a day or two. But I also am on the over the counter prenatal so from the sound of it, those may be a bit gentler. Well good luck with the iron supplements... let us know how it goes!

Hey Char! How cool that you get to see baby in the morning!!! I just love hearing that your little one is so active... what a great feeling. Sounds like you should get a lot of enjoyment out of tomorrow's appointment. Have fun and keep us posted!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Holly, So glad that you passed your glucose test. I am sorry about the constipation i had it with Jeremy and it was horrible.i found that eating certain fruits and veg such as kiwi prunes helped. When it got reaaly bad i also took some over the counter syrup here know as dupholac..probably different there.
SO glad that all s progressing well with you and your little man. Big hugs

Charlene..............don t worry about the weight gain..........as long as your baby s doing great....just enjoy. don t worry it will all come off after. I managed to l;ose all my preg weight in about 5 month i didn t excercise much just ate healthily.
Congrats to your friend...she won t try to sell you the slon back now will she? LOL

Amy

Old 08-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hey Holly so glad to hear you passed the test that is awesome.Dont worry to much about the low iron all women have pretty much low or under the borderline iron.It was funny before getting pregnant I did all my b/w and took it to RE to see it he said to me wow these results are awesome low cholesterol etc etc.I said doc my iron is toward the low side and he said you are a women what did you expect and he laughed.Anyway my OB put me on iron tabs about a month ago cause it did drop just under the border.I hope you find some relief with the constipation I can imagine it can be rough.Well take care and have a nice afternoon.

Hi Charlene cant wait to hear about your appointment tomorrow.Also that is so cool that your friend is preggers your babies can play together.As for gaining the weight like Holly said dont be to hard on yourself its always the last few months where you have to be careful.Ok well take care and I will check in on you tomorrow to see how your appointment went.

Eva

Old 08-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Ladies!

Charlene, you are definitely allowed to complain, I was just teasing you! But don't be so hard on yourself, you are doing great! Looking forward to hearing about your appt - & congrats to your friend!!!!

Kari, you guessed it right - I don't have to do the 3 hour glucose test because I passed the 1 hour - YAY! My prenatals are definitely not so gentle when it comes to the iron. I called my dr's office again today because the constipation isn't letting up & they are switching my prenatals. Hopefully that will help. I won't have any relief for a while though cuz I plan to finish the bottle I already have since I just spent $35 at the pharmacy yesterday...

Amy, I have tried so many things & nothing seems to be working. I hope this newest change will help. Enough of my complaining about my constipation though...I hope you & yours are doing well!! I'll have to go check out your thread!

Eva, I've always had borderline iron too. I'm not too upset about it being low, just upset that I have to consume more considering it will only block me up even more...lol. Oh well, it'll all be worth it in the end. Still super excited to be going through all of this!

Holly

Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User

Holly - good job on your glucose test!!!!!!!!! sorry about your constipation, hope you find relief soon.

Char - great news about your friend also glad to know that you're recovering well from your illness the past few weeks!!

Wishing all the Nov mommies the best!

Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Amy, Eva. Holly, Kari and Hazel you are the best, always so encouraging and supportive, I am so lucky to have you all as friends. I am so happy that I have you all to share my pg and excitement. I am feeling a bit better about the weight gain, I think my problem is that I have battled with my weight since I went off the pill due to my PCOS so it is very difficult to loose even a kilogram, as you all know as well the IF treatment also makes you gain weight. But as long as my baby is healthy and active I am happy.

Holly I hope the new prenatals work for you and you find some relief.

Amy I hope my friend does not want to sell the salon back to me....LOL. She is going to keep the salon, she is not as fortunate as I am to be a housewife, her and her DH have to both work.

Eva I think the reason I am so excited about my friend being pregger is b/c our baby will now have a friend to play with. All our other friends already have children that are quiet a lot older already so our baby would grow up alone....but not anymore..

Hazel I have recovered very well from my illness than goodness.

Kari I also love it when my baby is so active, we went to my parents last night and baby was moving but everytime my dad put his hand on my tummy baby would stop moving...LOL. My mom said that baby does not like Grandpa.....it was so funny. (My parennts have been away for a month and got back yesterday so seeing baby move was new to them).

I am looking forward to my appointment this morning and seeing our little one again. I will post as soon as I can.

I hope you have a wonderful day today.

Love
Char

Old 08-13-2008, 05:13 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

My appointment went well this morning, our baby is doing very well and the h/b is perfect. My OB asked us this morning if we wanted to know the sex b/c he can see what it is and Dh almost crumbled but we said no. Baby's estimated weight is about 1kg/ 2.2 pounds and dr is very happy with my progress. We have another appointment in 3 weeks and then thereafter every 2 weeks till 36 weeks and then every week till the birth. So we will be seeing our baby alot in the weeks to come, so exciting. I asked about the glucose screening and he said that it was not necessary b/c my urine sample is good, he told me there is no reason to worry.

I hope you all have a wonderful day
Char.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:15 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

Congrats on another great appt. Char! And I must give you credit for being so strong and not finding out baby's sex. DH nor I could not do it!! I just have to know so I can plan... maybe it's the control freak inside of me.

TMI question coming... Is anyone haveing a lot of discharge???? Oh my goodness, the past couple of days, I have had SO much. Even before pg though, I've never had to worry about "being dry" down there. ((sorry)) But the past couple days, it has really been a lot.

Hope everyone's enjoying the Olympics and getting ready for baby! Have a good day!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Courtney as for being strong about finding out the gender, it is actually easy b/c the nursery is planned and everything has been bought so if I find out the gender now I will want to change my mind about the decor and that would be too expensive.....best to keep it a surprise..
I cannot help with your discharge problem b/c I have not had a problem 'down' there. I have read that your discharge gets more later on in pg. I am sure everything is fine as long as it is not a 'funny' colour.

We got our stroller last night as well as a few accessories for the babys room. It is all so exciting. The nursery should be painted by Friday so we can star putting it together over the weekend. I cannot wait.

Have a wonderful day.
Char

Last edited by Namibia; 08-13-2008 at 06:36 AM.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:49 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Char, wonderful news! And a huge congrats on holding out when the doctor asked the big question about wanting to know the gender! Your DH is a strong guy for holding his ground... I can only imagine when our u/s tech says to us "well, just let me know cause I can see" hahaha It will be very hard to resist! I'm so glad you got to spend some good quality time with your parents. I hope baby cooperates next time grampa is around... I'm sure it is so fun for others to feel them move as well!

Holly, that is such great news that you don't have to do the 3hr test now. Big relief from the sound of the first test! I'm also glad that the doctor has switched your brand of prenatals. Too bad you have to finish your current bottle... tho I do understand how it is when you just shelled out big bucks... it's hard to just throw it away!

Hi CW, you know I'd prob mention the change in your discharge to your Dr next time you get a chance. I'm sure it's not a big deal as our bodies are constantly doing very weird things. But it certainly can't hurt to mention it to your doctor. Keep us posted!

Old 08-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Charlene, congrats on another great appt! You're so lucky you get to see your little one so often!! I have more appts coming up, but I don't think I'll get another u/s throughout the rest of my pregnancy. I'm so glad to hear all is going so well for you!

CW, my discharge changes daily. I also remember reading something about discharge increasing as the pregnancy progresses, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Kari, I am thrilled I don't have to do the 3 hour glucose screening. That would NOT have been fun! LOL I hope you & your little trips are doing fantastic!!

Holly

Old 08-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

CW1984 HB User

I'll ask my doc at my appt next week. I don't THINK its anything bad.Some days its a lot and other days, not so much. We'll see what she says.

Char- you have done so much with your nursery! Do u ever just go in there and sit?? Haha, I would. All we have done is order his furniture and that was 2 weeks ago and they said 8-12 weeks... Yikes. But we are gonna get started sometime this month. Oh and ur so right about probably wanting to change the decor if u knew what ur having. I dunno about your DH, but mine would kill me if I did that!! Haha.

Last edited by CW1984; 08-13-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Closed Thread