It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Thought i was lucky....Swelling up NOW!

How can this be everything was fine in the 1st and 2nd trimester. Now its like all the things that i thought i was so lucky not to get is happening at the last minute all at once.

I was at work maybe two weeks ago and i was washing my face in the bathroom because i have oily skin now due to this pregnancy, im at work all the time literally taking showers in the sink. Well anyway i realized that my nose was swelled up like a balloon i mean gosh i couldnt believe this. Then to top it off that same night my bf and i had an argument because of my crankiness that day and he said "Oh, i didnt want to say anything at first but i did realized your feet swelled up." I looked down and my feet were not swollen but my toes looked like little grapes this really hurt my feeling how can all this just come about during my last month? boy boy boy i want this pregnancy over.

A few nights ago i had some back pain but that has not been continuous so i guess im ok on that part.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Re: Thought i was lucky....Swelling up NOW!

AH pink! You're one of the lucky ones!
My toes ankles hands fingers ect have all been twice their size more than once a week and im only 24wks! It's not awful but I'm afraid it'll get worse in the third trimester AND the back pain is ridiculous. It is crazy how it just kinda happened out of nowhere but I guess thats another crazy pregnancy wonder. I'm starting to feel that way too though, very impatient to be a mommy and not just be an oversize woman lol. I hope the swelling subsides for you =) keep a check on your blood pressure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

CrossingXline i bet your weeks and days are just flying by when i was 24 weeks it seemed like i was the center of attention with the doctors and they called me with updates and things were going good now its like time has slowed down. It feels like The calender months and days are moving but im still stuck at 35 weeks. Oh wow and friday i'll be 36 but i still have a while to go.

How are you feeling beside the swelling and back pain are things going ok with you?

Its killing me because i have been diagnosed with GD and put on a diet but i feel so fine that i hope there were no complications and issues all along that i didnt know about, but my doctor says that they would have known. I still continue to feel ok no dizziness or to many rough days but im getting worried the sooner the baby is out i wont worry that im doing anything wrong but i also know the longer baby is in there he's growing and developing a little bit more each day.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

My ankles have been swollen since I can remember now. It's so annoying and ugly. The worst part is that I don't even stand at work, I sit and yet they still swell. I think the swelling is made worse by the heat also. My ankles and feet look like little sausages, and forget about getting my engagement or wedding ring off. That time passed a while ago!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

It has been 5 weeks since my DS was born, and I still can not wear my wedding rings, so for me the swelling has not got any better.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 AM   #6
(female)

nancysue2 HB User

I have been swelling horribly too. It got progessivly worse to the point it went up to my thighs and was extremely painful. I called the dr., and they sent me to the pharmacy for compression stockings. THEY WORKED, and they look just like regular panty hose. I can once again function normally!!!!!! If it gets that bad check with you doctor. I wish I had gotten them sooner.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Great advice hope they can prescribe me some shoes. I work in an office and im constantly wearing flip flops now that my feet are swollen. my boss catches me sometimes and i tell him that i stayed away from home and forgot my shoes....too embarrassed to tell him i cant fit my shoes. Lately he has not been catching me and if he does who cares i have 9 1/2 more working days until my maternity leave kicks in. So on Sept 5th im outta here! Well until Nov. 3rd that is.

Closed Thread