It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User
My Baby Girl Arrived :o)

A week ago, on the 6th August my little baby girl finally arrived. All of you still waiting to meet your babies, particularly first time mums like me, the moment they arrive is absolutely incredible! You are all so lucky to be heading towards that special day too!

I went in for my check-up on 4th August and due to pre-eclampsia I was not allowed back out of the hospital. Instead they decided to induce me. Unfortunately they were worried about the effect of the drip on me and decided to just use the gel. So that was a very slow start to my labour. By Tuesday evening (5th) I was barely in early labour and then two and a half hours later she was in my arms. Once she decided she was coming, she virtually flew out! Which meant no pain relief for me as they did not give me the epidural in time!...But I did only have to push about 7 times because she was anxious to meet us!

I tore a bit, and had to have a few stitches. I also lost a fair bit of blood. It all pales into insignificance though when I look at my precious daughter. She is amazing, and a miracle that I never expected to be able to even hope for. I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to be a mum.

I had to stay in hospital a few days because of the pre-eclampsia and have a midwife coming to visit daily to check up on me and my daughter, Lana.

Lana weighed in at 6 pounds and 7 ounces. She has lost a fair bit of weight since then, but that is quite common in newborns and I am hoping that with the amount of feeding she is doing she will start gaining soon.

So, to all the mums-to-be out there who are getting close to their special day - keep your chin up no matter how uncomfortable you may be feeling, because when you meet your baby you will be blown away.

And to my fellow August mummies - we made it!

Last edited by Aurora; 08-13-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
Re: My Baby Girl Arrived :o)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

On the arrival of your little girl Lana what a beautiful birth story. I am happy you and Lana are doing well.

Take care and all the best to you and your new family

Old 08-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I am soo happy for you i cant wait until i have my little guy next month. Congrats to you and your baby girl!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #4
(female)

crossingXline HB User

Congrats! What a wonderful story, I'm sure she's just beautiful.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

CONGRATS on the arrival of your little angel.Thanks for reminding us what is waiting for us in the end of all this.It always helps to hear how incredible it will be the day our little ones arrive.So Lana welcome to the world.

Eva

Old 08-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Oh so very happy for you! My best to you and your little one.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

CONGRATULATIONS.........so glad that all s well with you and your little miracle> A big welcome to baby Lana

Amy

Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful birth story - thank you so much for sharing! Looking forward to meeting my little man even more now!

Holly

Old 08-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Fabulous news and a HUGE CONGRATS!!!! Wishing you and your sweet little baby all the well wishes in the world!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

Thanks everyone! And I will be looking out for all your birth story threads as you each arrive at your special day. It is just the BEST day of my life so far, and I am sure you will all feel that way for your baby's birthdays too!

Old 08-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

congrats! isn't it funny when you look into that sweet little face, how much you can forget all the trouble she put you through???

don't worry, you'll have plenty of reminders later on....

Last edited by marisuela; 08-19-2008 at 07:36 AM.

Closed Thread