It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
My doctors appt.

Today i turn 36 weeks yay me, I went to the doctor yesterday and they checked my cultures, what ever that is and i was no dialated at all and now other than going to see my doctor weekly i;ll be going to have a stress test for the baby weekly. She explained to me that its a test that monitors the babies heart beat. They told me the eart beat sounded very good today i think it was very strong. Lastly i got another order for an u/s to check the baby's growth i will try to do that sometime this week. And Finally she told me that if i dont go into labor by the 39th week she would talk about induction. So baby may be coming a week early. This makes me nervous because instead of four weeks i will have three weeks left or maybe less then that if i go into labor on my own.

Oh yeah and i almost forgot i was summons to jury duty for august 29th, doctor wrote me a note saying that i would be due any day that week and that makes me nervous. Im looking forward to meeting my little guy the end of the first week of Sept. Everyone wish me luck i would love to go in labor or be induced on the 5th of september. Thats my last day at work anyway and it'll work out just fine.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: My doctors appt.

thats great that everything is going good. i had my appt last wednesday and he said the baby was measuring right on schedule so now depending on what my cervix does and how the baby continues to grow they dont know if they are gonna induce me anymore. i was a little disappointed about that i was hoping i would get to have my little guy early but as long as he is healthy i can deal with this a little longer. i had a stress test done last saturday cuz i was really dizzy and its kinda boring cuz you have to just lay there doing nothing for so long but its nice to get to hear the heartbeat going. you can see everytime you have a contraction and its weird cuz you cant feel them yet but they are definately there. take someone with you to talk to cuz the nurse doesnt stay in there and you will be by yourself staring at a wall the whole time with no one to talk to but yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: My doctors appt.

I guess depending on the results of my stress test they will decide whether or not to induce me. I dont know what will happen at this point. Im feeling fine and well and the baby is moving moving moving well and always. So i hope that he wants to cooperate as much as i do when its time to have him. I did get them the check my bp it was a little higher than my last appt. but not much higher to raise any concerns.

The way i feel as long as the doctor is calm delivering information to me and not sounding so serious as if there are some major issues i'll be fine. I have a feeling i really wont get scared until the time they say its time for the big moment but who knows.

I cant wait for everyone to share their birth stories!

Closed Thread