It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 05:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User
seriously....can you have BH contractions for this long...?

I have had these Braxton Hicks contractions since last night at about 6 pm...it's been like 12 hours. They are so uncomfortable and have kept me up all night. I had major period like cramping with them last night but that has subsided. Are these really supposed to be this bad?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Re: seriously....can you have BH contractions for this long...?

Yes, surprisingly the BH contractions can get pretty intense. Mine were worse during my 2nd preg. Do they die down after awhile? Mine never lasted too long- never more than an hour that I can remember. How many weeks are you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User

I'm 36 weeks and they have finally stopped this morning but last night was so bad....I wasn't sure what was going on. I just didn't want to be that person who goes to the hospital for false labor all the time. lol

Old 08-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User

A week before I had my second child, I had Braxton Hicks that started at 7pm, gradually they became 5min.s apart, so I went in, about 9pm. they were steady at 5min. apart till 4:00am. Then nothing, and they were good strong contractions. After 4am everything stopped, I was back home by 4:30am, 4 days later I went into real labor, and boy those were some wopper pains, not even close to the false labor ones, had the baby in 6hrs. Good luck!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i was always told that if you have 4 or more in an hour even if they arent regular you should call the dr. i dont know how often you are having them but if its that much you should give him a call. sometimes frequent bh can cause your cervix to dialate and then you will start having real labor contractions.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Just make sure Dr. checks your cervix- I started having BH @ 34 weeks, was checked, and not dilated at all. That should help ease your mind. BH did not start to dilate me early. They are pretty normal and not usually cause for any big concern. My Dr. told me not to call until the contractions were 5-7 min. apart, for at least an hour straight.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User

That's weird...they were 5-8 or 10 minutes apart for about 8-9 hours. I had them Sunday and he told me it was BH contractions but then when I had them last night, they were worse. But, I didn't bother calling him cause I figured that's what they were again. They didn't feel too good and were very uncomfortable but they never got to be "more" intense than they were to start. I wouldn't have hurt anything if I had them that long and that frequent, would I have?
I mean, their gone now....for now.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

I am not sure...I do not think BH lasts that long of a time period? I would be more concerned if they did last more than an hour. It sounds like it is getting close. Did they check your cervix? Do not worry about calling again. That is what the Dr. is there for. Better to be safe. Good luck.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
(female)

Istyle HB User

I am only 26 weeks & I have started having bad BH's!! I didn't have this bad of ones with my son this soon so I know I have a long road ahead of me!! Every time I pick up my one year old I have one and when I get really active! They told me to lie down and drink lots of water and time them to see if the increase in pain or in time. If they do then it is real labor if not then it is false!

Closed Thread