It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Depression caused by hormones??

For the past couple weeks I've slowly sunk into a depressed state. Not wanting to get out of bed, not caring if i get dressed or not, not excited when my hunny comes home from work like usual. I'm constantly worried I'm not doing well with my pregnancy and worried about the baby and I seem to take everything personally. My fiance doesn't see it I guess or maybe it's just blown up in my mind. It feels like he's constantly ignoring me or has something better to do than spend some quality time with me. He's very devoted to my family but lately it seems like he has more fun spending time with my brother and brother in law than even looking my way. Now I'm just worried it's because I'm bigger and moody and that just makes me more irrational. I know it's me but I can't change how I feel. Is anyone else having these problems or is it just my personal life suffering??

Old 08-16-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: Depression caused by hormones??

Oh, please don't worry that it's just you!!!! I have been feeling lonely and not wanted lately as well. We have a 13 month old daughter and I feel like all I do is hang out in the family room with her alone. My husband goes about his buisness and doesn't realize how much I miss just spending some time with him. And I really can't complain because he is making himself busy doing the things that I can't or am too tired to do at this point....dishes, laundry, chores etc. I feel like a horrible wife for complaining at all! I am so lucky to have a husband who does all of these things for me and I don't even have to ask. But still, sometimes, I just wish he could let something go until tomorrow and just hang with me. It does make me sad because I know that when the new baby gets here, it's just going to be less time that we have to spend together. We are going to have two kids to take care of, and while I am thrilled I understand the idea that it means less alone time for us....not that we have any now anyway! But, I just try to sit back and remember that I am really hormonal and things probably aren't as bad as I am making them out to be in my mind. And I know DH isn't intentionally ignoring me, he is trying to do things FOR me. I say, just talk to your fiance about how you feel. Let him know that you miss him and are feeling lonely or whatever. I am sure he will be receptive and want to remind you how much he loves you. Good luck and try not to feel sad. I know it's hard, but just remember all of the wonderful things you do have!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread