It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
March 2009 Moms Part 2

Hi Everyone,
My name is Caroline and I am new to this particular board.......am about 5 weeks pregnant. I wanted to join one of the mommies threads but wasnt sure which one? My due date is April 11th, but I will be having a C-Section so my doctor says they will most likely do it at the end of March. So here I am, starting Part 2 of the March 2009 Mommies thread!!!
This is my second pregnancy, I have a 4 year old son. My first pregnancy was wonderful, not even any nausea. I had an Emergency C-Section but everything worked out fine. So far so good, no nausea again, but I did have some lower back pain for about a week and now that has gone thank goodness.
Hope everyone here is feeling well!!!
Hope to meet some new people on here.........
Caroline

Old 08-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User
Re: March 2009 Moms Part 2

March Mommies 2009 Due Dates

carsam - TBD C Section...............
GraceAnne2009 - 3/2..................twins
blue_eyed_girl - 3/4....................
Viktorria - 3/7............................
rubynz - 3/9..............................
courtenaynt - 3/9.......................
silver22 - 3/9.............................
chelsea345 - 3/10.......................
Hazel 74 - 3/12..........................
quibby84 - 3/15..........................
Heyknack - 3/16.........................
Tear Drop - 3/20.........................
GreenFrog - 3/20.........................
bunny9987 - 3/21........................
hunnybunny09 - 3/26...................

Last edited by Mod08; 08-16-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
(female)

courtenaynt HB User

Welcome Carsam!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when they heard or expect to hear their baby's heartbeat? I'm so hoping on my next visit (11 weeks) we will be able to. I've heard different things about when you're usually able to hear it though.

I go tomorrow and will feel so much better after I get confirmation things are okay!

Old 08-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #4
(female)

silver22 HB User

courtnaynt -

In response to the other thread that has been closed (part 1), I really haven't had too many symptoms as of late, either. Some nausea, but really nothing bad at all. If I don't eat when I get the first feelings of hunger, then the nausea starts, but other than that and sore boobs, I've got nothing either. I'm really not trying to worry too much about it. Hopefully I'll be able to consider myself one of the lucky ones.

I go for an ultrasound tomorrow, I will be exactly 11 wks. I hope to hear the heartbeat I'll be sure to check back in and let you know how it goes.

Welcome, Carsam!

silver

Old 08-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

I'm 9 weeks today & Finally Starting to feel better. My emotions are starting to calm down ...lol I told my kids I was pregnant yesterday & My daughter who Will be 14 when the baby is here, cried.. She is very happy. My son didnt really have a lot to say..other then "Are you going to get Fat" LOL He will be 10 years old. My daughter & I are Hoping for a little Girl..But either will do..My son said if its a girl "He's moving out" HAHA! Im a single mom so he lives with nothing but girls now...Poor guy...lol... Im going to the doctor on Wed. Im hoping they can hear the heartbeat. I dont really remember how far along I need to be. Im starting to show already, Maybe im just bloated..lol but my daughter told me today when i was getting dressed im starting to lose my shape. Is it normal to start showing sooner with 3rd pregnancy's..? I remember with my last two kids I really didnt start showing until 6 months..I will post after I go to the doctor on Wed. Im hoping he can rule out any possible chance of me having twins...hahah I cant be a single mom of 4..3 will be plenty..

carsam - TBD C Section...............
GraceAnne2009 - 3/2..................twins
blue_eyed_girl - 3/4....................
Viktorria - 3/7............................
rubynz - 3/9..............................
courtenaynt - 3/9.......................
silver22 - 3/9.............................
chelsea345 - 3/10.......................
Hazel 74 - 3/12..........................
quibby84 - 3/15..........................
Heyknack - 3/16.........................
Tear Drop - 3/20.........................
GreenFrog - 3/20.........................
bunny9987 - 3/21........................
Carrie76- 3/23.............................
hunnybunny09 - 3/26...................

Old 08-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

hi,welcome!
i have found a lot of my nausea has to do with acid indigestion, so i am trying to nip that in the bud.

We did hear and see the heartbeat at the 1st ultrasound, which was at 6 weeks. my next one is at 12 weeks.

Anyone gain much weight, it seems since i found out i was preg. i gained about a pound.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
(female)

Green Frog HB User

I started my 10th week this weekend. Starting to feel much better, more energy, etc.; so very happy about that. I have to wait one more week before I see the doc and can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I have actually gained about 4 pounds already. I need to get on a better excercising schedule but have just been so tired lately. I work four 10-hour days and the afternoon just seems to drag on and on. Plus I have a 2 year old that keeps me ultra busy. So happy to start feeling like I have more energy. Hope all is well with all you other March mommies! Take care.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

courtenaynt, you can see the heartbeat at 6 weeks on an u/s. You can hear it as early as 8 weeks on a doppler. However, it may not be heart until 12 weeks depending on different circumstances (weight being one of them). With my son, we didn't hear it at 9 weeks, but it was found two weeks later. With this pregnancy, I heard it around 9 1/2 weeks. You will probably hear it at your 11 week appointment. If not, don't be discouraged.

I thought I was doing better, but nausea came full force yesterday. I usually just don't feel well, but I threw up yesterday morning. I felt like crap all day. I was home alone with my son. I didn't take my meds because they make me drousy and I don't want to be knocked out with a three year old running around.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
(female)

courtenaynt HB User

Well, we didn't hear the heartbeat (mine was going a mile a minute) so she did an ultrasound, and we saw its heart and little legs and arms and it was dancing all around in there. I'm so so so relieved and happy. S/he's the size of a key lime, and we got pictures and it's very exciting.

She said I was just lucky with the lack of symptoms. That's it. Doesn't mean anything about the health of the baby. So everything's good. We have our nuchal testing thing next Monday where we'll see the baby in much more detail, yay!

Old 08-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

congrats courtenaynt, that is exciting news!! just be happy you don't have those symptoms, lol

Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User

Carsam, Carrie - welcome to the thread

Good to know that everyone is doing well

Kari, Eva - thanks for stopping by (on the now-closed thread) to answer my question re. first trimester scan (thanks to the other March mommies who answered as well!!).

I am 10w5d today... fatigue and nausea are still there but I am thinking they might reduce in a couple weeks time... one week and one day to my next appt and u/s, yay! cannot wait and then a further one week to my first trimester scan appt!!

Re. heartbeat - we saw the hb on screen at 6w6d (my 1st appt) but have not tried to hear it yet... maybe in the next appt? (I am not sure).

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Old 08-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Mommies

Glad to hear you are all doing well.......... a big welcome to our newbies!!!

No news from me though I think the fatigue is finally starting to lift. I am feeling more energised and am loving being pregnant again. My lower abdomen is beginning to firm up now and I can't wait for it to start popping out!

I have an antenatal appointment on Monday. I will be eleven weeks so we should be able to hear the heartbeat. I am really looking forward to my tweleve week nuchal scan and seeing our baby again, hopefully we'll get some photos to keep this time!

Would love to hear from the other March moms......... take care everybody!

Ruby

Old 08-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Welcome to the new march mommies!

I had my first trimester screening yesterday and everything on the ultra sound looked great. They couldn't see the subchorionic hemorrage anymore, which I suspected b/c I haven't had any more bleeding so that's good. The baby was super active, hopping all around, swinging its arms and legs all over. They put my due date at 2/28, instead of the previous date of 3/7, but I'm going to continue to say that I'm a March Mommie!

Courtney, glad you got to see your little one!

Bunny, I've only gained 1 lb too - don't worry about it, the doctors generally aren't concerned if you don't gain any weight in the first trimester. With my other two I gained overall 18 lbs and 22 lbs and both of them were extremely large babies (8lbs 14oz and 9lbs 7ozs) so I'm aiming to stay under 20 lbs this time too - really afraid of having a 10lb baby!

Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #14
(female)

quibby84 HB User

Hi! everyone seems to be doing so good!
I will be 11 weeks in 3 days, then we are going to the doctor again.
We just got back from Thailand, and it was rough. I havent had much morning sickness here in Japan but in Thailand the bugs and dogs and pollution sent me over the edge. I would suggest to never go to a third world country while preg. Anyways, now that we are back I feel better (except for having to go to work) but I have SO much trouble sleeping! Its not that I cant fall asleep, I can, every position hurts like crazy. EVERY position. I have three pillows and I wear a bra and tank top (because I thought it was because my boobs were sore) but then my back hurts!
So does anyone have this? If so, what do you do?
Thanks!
Congrats on all the "heartbeat hearing"!

Old 08-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Vik

I am so glad that your first trimester screening went so well yesterday, it must be a relief for you and now you can sit back and really enjoy your pregnancy. I'm glad you are staying with the March mommies despite being given a new due date. We were also given a different due date after my first scan (14 March) but we decided to stick with the original date of 9 March. It will be interesting to see what they have to say about it after my 12 week scan. It must have been so lovely for you to see your active little baby waving his/her arms and legs around! When is your next u/s? I hope all continues to go well for you!

Quibby, good to hear from you! I'm glad you are safely back from Thailand but sorry to hear that you are in a bit of pain. I'm not sure what could be causing it but I really hope you perk up soon. Take care of yourself.

Ruby

Last edited by rubynz; 08-21-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Closed Thread