It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
February 2009 Moms - Part IV

Hi Ladies - Time to start a new thread! I wonder how many we'll have before we collectively pop??? LOL!

I *think* I'm starting to feel a little bit of baby's movements (12 weeks today). Just little flutters every now and then in the same spot for the past few days. Most of the books say maybe not yet, but some do say that with a second and subsequent pregnancy you just might be able to feel something this early. What about you guys?

Old 08-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User
Re: February 2009 Moms - Part IV

February Mom's 2009 Due Dates

whiskersonkitten - 2/6----------
lostnconfused - 2/9-------------
cutemonica - 2/13--------------
barton93 - 2/22----------------
meluca - 2/23------------------
Ms_ENV27 - 2/25---------------
aprildancer81 - 2/26------------
Pam73 - 2/27------------------
Amy333 - 2/28-----------------
Xinerevelle - 2/28--------------
Amanda26 - 2/19---------------
Eva77 - 2/03-------------------twins
GraceAnne2009 - 0/00----------

Please feel free to copy text and make any changes or additions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Xine,

I think I've been feeling some movements as well, mostly in the past couple days. I'm 15 weeks as of yesterday! Just little flutters though, nothing definite. So I could be wrong. I just read up on this because I was wondering how early is too early, and they say normally about 16-22 weeks for most women. But earlier on the earlier end for women who've had babies! Anyone else feeling anything?

Whiskers

Old 08-17-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

meluca HB User

hi everyone !
i'm 13 weeks tomorrow and as of last week, i've been using my home heart doppler to listen to the heartbeat. it's been in the 160s, which is where my daughter's was too.

i cant imagine that i might be pregnant with a girl, bc i feel so good. i was so sick all the way until 19 wks with dd. but if the hb saying is right (150+ = girl) maybe i will have another girl ??

ive not felt anything yet. i first felt dd move at 16.4 weeks. i'll never forget it. i was laying in bed watching tv at night and she ran a foot or hand on the right side of my tummy. it was wonderful. i didnt feel her move again until 22 weeks.

well that about it for me. i'll check in next week.
take care all !!
xo,
m

Old 08-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi ladies glad to hear everyone is doing well.I dont think I have felt any movement yet considering its a twin pregnancy I thought I might but I am only 15 weeks.I have an appointment this week cant wait I havent seen my twins in almost a month and its killing me I just want to make sure they are ok.

Hi Lost looks like our due dates are a few days apart.Glad to hear your appointment is coming up soon.Also I am suprised you dident switch OB's after what happened the first time.Well I hope this time she is more careful with you.Those are very nice names you picked out for your baby weather boy or girl.I just cant wait to find out the sexes it will just make it that more real.I just want to go out and buy everything in site.Well we do have a boys name picked out so far Antonio or Tony for short.Now for a girl I like Christiana DH likes it as well.Now if we have 2 boys or 2 girls we still havent picked out a second name for each gender we will I am sure as soon as we know the genders we will be more pressured into finding names.Ok well take care and again so glad to hear everyone is well.

Eva

Old 08-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi Eva, how exciting getting to see your twins this week, I am sure that they are doing very well. I am so excited for you and cannot wait to hear all about it. When is your appontment??? The names you have chosen are lovely, once you fing out the genders then it will make it easier to decide. I hope you are well.

Amy how are your doing? Have the m/s subsided yet?

I hope all of you Feb mommies are well.

Charlene

Old 08-18-2008, 05:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi February mommies!!

Eva, I'm glad to hear you have an appt coming up! I know how reassuring those appts are before you feel any movements, & I bet you are so excited!! Can't wait to hear all the details!! Keep us posted!!

Amy, thinking of you! Hope you are feeling better every day.

Holly

Old 08-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Eva, well I guess we are in the same boat waiting to feel the first movement. I'm sure it's harder for us to know, especially since this the first pregnancy for both of us. And when it does happen I imagine it will be a moment to remember for a lifetime! So I just love the names you guys have chosen. How wonderful you and your DH have come to an agreement on a boy and a girl name already! (can you tell I'm struggling in this area? ) It is fun to think of names... don't you find it helps pass the time and even ease or distract from some of the physical discomforts? So do you know what the plan is for this upcoming doctor appt? I can't wait to hear details!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi Charlene good to hear form you.I cant wait to see my twins this week either.I think I will go in on thursday not 100% sure yet I will call his office soon to schedule my appointment.I am sure they are fine as welll like I said I have no reason to believe anything is wrong.Except for feeling just fine no reason what so ever.My belly is just getting big its so awesome to finally have people notice this weekend DH and I went out looking for a mini van and the salesperson was giving me such the special treatment do you want to sit down do you need some water etc etc............lol.I loved it.Thanks for stopping in have a nice afternoon.

Hey there Holly good to hear from you as well.Well you know how excited I am about my appointment so I wont repeat myself Just 3 more days and I am just glad I wont have to wait a month again to see OB.Well have a great day.

Hey there Kari it does seem like we are in the same boat I put my hand on my belly all the time waiting to feel something.I do at times feel like something is moving around in my belly like water or something so I am thinking if that is them bouncing around in there............lol.As for names I am sure you and DH will come to terms with some great names.I guess when we find out genders it will make it that much more real and then we can come up with another of both genders if they are 2 boys or 2 girls.At times I really feel like I have boy girl twins and of course at other times I feel like I have 2 boys.My dad told me the other day he hopes I have 2 girls I said why he said cause they are just cutier.........lol.He is so silly.Well have a great day.

BTW I feel so blessed having my IF girls around all the time to support me.Thanks girls.

Eva

Old 08-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
(female)

lost_n_confused HB User

hey ladies
still doing alright here. noticing my energy increase alot! wich is wonderful with my puppy getting worse and worse.. juust forgot to shut the bathroom door and turned around and she decided to string out a whole roll of toilet paper through the house.. grr. she is a monster...anyway back to babystuff.

eva- i was going to switch ob's but there are numerous ones in my office so i switched to a different one there but then she was busy last apt so i had to deal with this other one.. my apt thats coming up i am demanding the one i like. ill wait until she isnt busy. from what they say this apt i am scheduling the 3d ultrasound so i am excited.
mil jumped on board that the baby is a girl so that is everyone. so im guessing its a boy. (i feel girl but with everyone saying girl it makes me think : hey its my kid it will have to prove us all wrong haha)
as for movement i thought i felt quite a bit of movement a while ago but i havent felt so much as a flutter. sort of worries me but they do that right?

Old 08-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Yes, lost, the movements do come and go this early. Remember that we don't have nerve endings in our uteruses (uteri?!?), just in the abdominal wall. So they kiddo has to kick or punch or run into the abdominal wall in order for us to feel it. And given that they are still pretty small at this stage, with plenty of room to flip and flop, it makes sense that we don't feel it all the time (yet!).

Old 08-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #12
(female)

amanda26 HB User

Hey girls! It has been awhile since I posted. I had a little bit of spotting so my doctor sent me for an US to make sure the placenta was okay and I got to see my little guy! I am measuring 14 wks 3dys but I am supposed to be 13 wks 5 dys. She asked if I wanted to know the sex and I said of course! Plain as day you could see a little "projection" sticking out between the legs. So we are leaning towards BOY now. I will go back for my regular 18 wk scan next month and we will make sure. If it is a boy the heartbeat thing is totally wrong. My dd was 140 bpm and this one was 160 bpm (high for boy according to old wives tale). He wouldn't hardly sit still but I saw if from a few different angles and she even turned on the color (which shows blood in umbilical cord) so that I could differentiate between boy part and umbilical cord which was nearby. By the way she could find nothing wrong, so we don't know what was bleeding, but all looks well. I know it is possible that its a girl that is still swollen, but w/ all the angles I saw and the picure she printed, I think its a boy. Plus I know she has done this a while because she worked there when I was pregnant w/ my dd over 2 yrs ago. Anyone else finding out soon? Anyone have any previous experience w/ a boy this early?

Old 08-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi Amanda glad to hear all is well cant imagine how frightening that must have been seeing blood.The important thing is all is well with your little guy.Wow I cant believe you found out the sex this early.I have heard that you can see the boy earlier in pregnancy its always harder I have heard to see the girl cause sometimes the male part is hiding and they think its a girl.As for any old wives tails I dont really believe any of them.Well I have an appointment on Thursday I will be almost 16 weeks and I am curious to see if they will be able to see the sex of the babies.OB told me not to hold my breath that I would probably find out at my 20 week u/s.But I cant help but hope that he might be able to see something.

So I got my appointment for thursday I am so excited I just hope my babies are fine.Hope everyone is well.Have a nice afternoon.

Eva

Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Eva, YAY! So glad your appt is all set up for Thursday! I will def jump on line when I get home that night... we'll have to compare notes I'm sure if they tried really hard they could tell the gender of your little ones... I can't wait to hear what colors you will be seeing much of in the coming months! Have a great nite!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hey Kari I am just so excited that Thursday is just about here.Thought it would never come this month did seem very long.Just cant wait to make sure my babies are ok.I think you right though if they look hard enough they might be able to see something tomorrow.If they are boys or boy its easier to see.Oh well we will just have to wait for tomorrow first I just want to see them moving around and make sure they are ok and then I will beg OB to take a hard look at the gender........lol.Well I will look forward to hearing your update as well.I am sure your OB can pretty much see what your little ones are right now.Well take care and cant wait till tomorrow.

Eva

Closed Thread