It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
34 weeks tomorrow....not sure what to think about this....

Sorry ahead of time because this is probably TMI but I am not sure what to think/do. This morning I was using the bathroom. I peed, and then had to do other things if you get my drift. When I wiped, I noticed a little bit of pink color on the toilet paper. I thought it wasn't that weird because suffering with hemroids, this has happened before. However, when I stood up I noticed that there was this thing in the toilet that was between the size of a nickel and a quarter, mucuosy looking, dark brown in color with red mixed in. Could this be my mucous plug and if so, is that a big deal considering I am only 34 weeks tomorrow? I asked one of my friends what she thought as I don't recall losing my MP with my first pregnancy. She thought it did sound like it and that I should probably call my OB. Any ideas? This sounds stupid, but I just wasn't sure WHERE it came from if you know what I mean. I kept wiping after that to see if there was any other blood etc. but I never saw anything else. HELP!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Re: 34 weeks tomorrow....not sure what to think about this....

It sounds like your MP. I would go to the Dr.'s and have your cervix checked to see if you started dilating yet. I lost some of my MP about 1 week before I went into labor, a little more a few days later, and the rest the morning I was in labor w/ my second. Do you have BH contractions yet?Any other pressure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aurora HB User

It does sound quite like your mucous plug... but I only lost mine about two hours before DD's head came out. My friend lost her MP a few weeks before she went into labour, the OB just put her on low dose antibiotics to prevent infections and was otherwise not worried about her losing it at that point.

I do know it does not always mean labour is just around the corner, but it is best to let your OB decide what is best for your situation.

Good Luck.

Helen

Old 08-18-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Thanks for your help first off. I don't know if I have BH or not. That probably sounds stupid, but there are times when it feels like she is in a weird position or something and one whole side of my stomach gets really hard and it almost feels like someone is pressing on my lungs, like it's a little hard to breath, but I was never sure if it was BH or not. I tried looking up the MP thing and it does sound like it to me too. It said if you were before 36 weeks to call. I am worried, what if I am dialating? I am just confused because I don't remember any of this happening during my first pregnancy....they even had to break my water in the hospital because it never broke on it's own, so I don't even know what that is like.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Oh I just thought of another question I had. If it were my MP, would there be anything coming out after the fact? Like I said, when I wiped that first time, there was a little pink on the toilet paper. After I noticed the "thing" I wiped again to try to see where it might have come from but there was nothing from either place. So would it just stop that way or would there be maybe a little blood or anything for a while afterwards???

Old 08-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Delia it sound just like your MP to me. I didn't loose mine until I was in labor with DS so I'm not sure if anything come afterwards or not. I was told to report to my dr any odd things that happens after the 30 week mark because he said with SUA that premature labor was a high risk starting then. So I would call and see if they wanted you to come in.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 08-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Tami,
Yeah, that was my worry with the SUA as well. I am going to call them and see what they think as soon as possible. I hope everything is ok, I am a little nervous!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i was reading about mp yesterday and it said it can fall out weeks before you actually go into labor. i also read that babies born at 34 wks have just about as good of a chance as full term babies of not having any long term health complications. she would probably be taken to the nicu for monitoring of her lungs but other then that she should be perfectly ok. at least you are far enough along now that if you did go into labor soon your little one would be just fine.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

I would not be worried about what will happen until I saw the Dr. It is not good for you or the baby. I do not think anything comes out after the MP, but it can dislodge way before you ever go into labor, so it is not a reliable sign. Other things must be factored in. Hope you get some answers. If you are not having BH, that is good. They feel like strong period cramps, or even your back may feel very sore. You would know it.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Delia what did you find out? I just got back from the dr myself and was going to check in on you.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Sometimes when you have hemmrohoids internally your BM can be a little mucousy/bloody... which is what it sounds like you had. And since you're preggers, you're body is not helping things in the speeding along digestion department,which may cause weird things to happen.

I vote for a weird BM, not a mucous plug.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Well regardless of what it was, they said they wouldn't be concerned unless I was having contractions, which I am not, so that is a good thing!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Good to hear! I am sure you feel better now. Enjoy the rest while you can.

Closed Thread