It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

Ethan22 HB User
when do you stop taking progesterone

I am the most scared prego woman on the face of he earth. I had 1 miscarriage and 3 failed IVF. Fianlly went to California and the 4th attempt was successful. I have been taking Progesterone from and was told I would take it up to my first trimester. i am now told It is ok to stop at 9 weeks..it is making worried and dont know what to do.HELP! HELP!

Old 08-19-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: when do you stop taking progesterone

I know just how you feel. I suffered losses myself & also needed IVF to get preggo. Trust me, it will get easier to relax as time goes on. I'm currently 26 weeks preggo & loving every second of it. I also stopped my progesterone at 9 weeks - I was just as terrified as you. My dr actually told me it was okay to stop at 8 weeks, but I had a week left of the prescription & took it until it ran out. Did your dr check your prog level? That might give you some comfort. Anything over 25 is supposedly good...mine was at 35 when they told me I could stop & all has been fine w/ my baby. I know how hard it is to relax...after all it took to get preggo, it's hard to believe something horrible won't happen to take it away. But you're here & this is your time...the time will really fly by, so be sure to try to enjoy the miracle growing inside of you.

Best of luck & many wishes for a healthy pregnancy & baby.

Holly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
(female)

andreanchris HB User

I take prometrium and will be on it through my 12th week. Are you experiencing swelling and bloating? Good luck!

Old 08-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Congratulations and welcome to the boards. I can understand your weariness. I went through IF treatment as well and was on progesterone till 11 weeks. My Dr also said that at 9.5 weeks I could stop the meds but i had enough to take me to 11 weeks. I was also very scared to go off them. I think by now your body is producing its own prog so you baby should be fine. Try and relax......easier said than done......I know. I am currently 2 weeks preggo.

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Charlene

Old 08-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Hi,

Is your pregnancy IVF or FET? I've had both and took the meds until 12 weeks. However, I've heard with IVF lots of clinics stop you at 8 or 9 weeks. With FET your pregnancy is 100% artificially supported through the meds, so you will always take them until 12 weeks.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Closed Thread