It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User
My Birth Story

Hi Everyone,

How amazing it is that some days it seemed like forever before my baby boy would be here, and now he is 19 days old. Time is such a funny thing. Now I want it to slow down so I can take in all of this-- his newborn smell, his perfect nails, his wrinkled long fingers, his so very soft hair the color of wheat as it brushes over my cheek. I close my eyes and breathe it all in.
I look at my older boys now 5 and 3 and wonder why I can't remember all of the little things that I hold so dear to my heart right now.

So hold on to the little things.

I went to the hospital at 5:15 AM Aug 1st 2008 for my check in time. I was on time, (amazingly) but there were some emergency situations so my c-section got bumped back. That allowed me to sit and think about all the what if's. When it was finally my time to go in, I was so nervous. I tried to keep my cool, but broke down into a panic stricken mess when they were supposed to administer the spinal. They quickly gave me something to relax me and I finally did. The procedure started shortly there after and my baby boy was brought into this world at 8:54 AM. Just perfect. 19 inches long (although they may have been wrong because 2 weeks later he measured 20 1/4") a soft cry, content through all the measuring and cleaning. I fell in love from the first moment and although my recovery was very rough, very painful from an infection at the c-section site, he was my lifting spirit. He has been so good, so sweet that I forget about the trauma to my body. He is my angel.
His name is Treyce Gabriel
I also had my tubes tied at delivery as well as the cord blood saved.
It goes by so fast ladies. Hold on tight, it is an amazing ride.
Best of luck to everyone.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: My Birth Story

congrats nyxin! you have your three boys and i have my three girls.... funny how things work out, isn't it???

how are you feeling these days? how are your boys adjusting to having a new baby in the house?

hope all is well for you! and you are so right, it goes by fast, so love every moment while you have them!!!

~mcr

Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Congratulations to you! I cant wait to have my little guy out here listening to his cries and watching him sleep and taking in every little detail about him. I have about 2 1/2 or 3 more weeks to go only if my doctor decides to induce me at 39 weeks. Best of luck with your newborn!

Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

congratulations!! sounds amazing!!

Old 08-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Beautiful birth story and a big congrats to you. Best wishes to your and your family!

Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

What a beautiful story!! I also love your son's name! Congrats to you & a big welcome to him!!!!

Closed Thread