It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
she's finally here!!!

so three weeks ago (ish) our beautiful baby girl was finally born!!! she is so pretty with dark hair and big blue eyes (i'm hoping they'll stay blue, but who knows???).

i was having so many BH contractions, the doctor decided to induce at 39 weeks because i was so paranoid that i wouldn't recognize if i was in labor or not. so we went into the hospital around 8, started the pitocin right away, had the epidural not too long after the contractions started getting more regular, and by 11:30 she was ready and popped out after 1 1/2 pushes!

she was just over 7 lbs, and was about 19" long. she lost a bit before we left the hospital, but as of her 2 week check up, she's gained it all back and then some!!! she's got fat rolls on top of fat rolls!!! this kid is an eater!!! she was eating every hour and a half to two hours at the most, but thankfully she's slowed down to every two to three hours.... thankfully!

even though the labor and delivery was incredibly easy, the pregnancy and recovery hasn't been the easiest. my husband was deployed for the first half of my pregnancy so that piled on a ton of extra stress, and then just last week, when my baby was two weeks old, my husband had to go TDY for the week, leaving me to cope with my three kids by myself!!! i have a 4 and 2 year old, and trying to handle them and my baby's ridiculous feeding schedule was extremely difficult!!! fortunately, my husband has more than made up for his being gone, by cleaning the house, doing all the laundry, taking the kids out of the house for a few hours at a time so i can sleep..... he's the best!

anyway.... so is it worth it???? i look down into my beautiful baby's sweet little face and i am so in love with her! isn't it incredible how fast we can fall in love with our babies??? it is absolutely worth it!!!!!!!

~mcr

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: she's finally here!!!

Congrats on your new arrival! She sounds beautiful! It sounds like it hasn't been easy at all, but I'm glad to hear you think it's worth it. Can't wait to meet my little guy!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: she's finally here!!!

congratulations to you and your little one. Seems like she was all ready to come out. You didnt really have to push at all she would have crawled out to meet you..lol. Its so good to here that things went well with you and i hope it stays that way. Good luck with you and your family for now and in the future!!!~~

Closed Thread