It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
Is this normal?

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the pregnancy boards I'm due Feb. 27th, so I'm 12 weeks 5 days today! I keep hearing all this stuff about women getting miraculously better going into thier second trimester but I'm not feeling a twinge better yet at all. I'm exhausted ALLLLL of the time. I have a really hard time getting out of bed in the morning and around 7:30pm I want to go to bed. I have no energy what so ever.

I've also been suffering from some bad headaches almost every day and since the only thing I can take in Tylenol thats like taking nothing, they dont work for me.

I've had steady nose congestion since day 1 and had trouble sleeping bc i cant breathe out of my nose. I'm like a zombie at work, the second i get here i just want to go home and crawl back into bed. I havent told work that I'm pregnant yet so it's not like i can ask to go home early and they'll understand. I dont want to see like a complainer.

My indigestion and sour stomach has been ridiculous. Almost everything I eat makes my stomach upset.

I try to talk to my sister about this and she reassures me everythings normal but at the same time she had the easiest four pregnancies ever and of course felt great all 4 times.

Is anyone else going through anything similiar? I feel foolish bc i knew getting pregnant I wasnt going to feel "great" but I'm just so tired and it's worrying me.

I had my first ultrasound at 8 weeks and we saw the baby and saw the heartbeat and all that so I'm not worried about miscarrying or anything like that I just want to know that these symptoms are normal and that my body is up for this.

I go back in a week for my big appt where they do all the bloodwork and tests and ill get another ultrasound but i just want to make sure I dont need to go back in sooner for blood work to make sure all my levels are normal.

Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by eloise_girl24; 08-20-2008 at 06:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
Re: February Moms...is this normal?

pregnancy is hard on your body, with all the changes and hormones. Its perfectly normal to feel how you feel at 12 weeks. Everyone keeps telling me that as well. But i think every woman is different. i am not so sure i will feel miraculously better in a few weeks either. I hope you do feel better soon, maybe try a nice walk, or some yoga to relax. I was having very bad heartburn and acid indigestion, and the doctor gave me zantac, which is helping, talk to your doctor first though.

take care

Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I'm 12 weeks, too and right there with you in every way. During my first pregnancy I even had to resort to putting vaseline inside my nose before I went to sleep just so I could breathe! It was awful! And my m/s didn't subside until around 20 weeks. But I DID eventually feel better before I got really big and uncomfortable. Hang in there!

Old 08-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I am 13 weeks along and feeling horrible too........i feel blessed that a miracle is growing inside me though like you preg is not easy for me.
i throw up around 6 times a day get diarrhea 4 times a day and am exhausted ALL THE TIME. I can t sleep at night ......wake up most nights to throw up anyway. I have a 6 month old son and work full time........at times i feel like screaming but just don t have the energy too.

ON THE OTHER HAND.........i was just as sick and tired with DS and after i gave birth i really missed being pregnant..i seemed to forget all the bad days and just remembered the joys of watching my baby move around on the monitor, The wonders of those kicks and the excitement of shopping for baby stuff.

i also delayed telling my co workers and have only told the people who work in my same room this week. Maybe you should consider telling them now. also try to get some help from your family so that you can fit in more rest.

Some people don t have any sypmtoms others are unwell for the first trimester for a few of us it last a little longer. though it will pass and once you hold your precious one you will forget about all the pains.

Take care......it will get better

Amy

Old 08-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User

It's def no fun. I was sooooo ILL and miserable until about 16 weeks or so. Then I felt better...now I'm 37 weeks and feel like crap again. It's really rough once you hit this stage let me tell ya.
I am one of those who doesn't enjoy pregnancy...I guess some of us are the unlucky ones. Hang in there, it gets better!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys...sometimes its just so hard. Work is especially streefull right now and people keep piling things on my desk and sometimes i just want to scream, IM PREGNANT LEAVE ME THE REMOVED ALONE! but of course i dont

the headaches just dont help at all...my eyes are constantly tired and i can barely look at my computer screen for long before my eyes start to glaze up.

Don't get me wrong, i am soooo happy and blessed to be pregnant, its all ive wanted since before i got married two years ago but its just hard physically right now...

im thinking about telling work soon. i'll be 13 weeks tomorrow maybe ill tell them sometime next week. im starting to show a little...ive had that "oh shes gained some weight" look going for a few weeks now and i know that in a few more weeks it'll be hard to hide.

thanks for the words of encouragement!!!

Last edited by Mod08; 08-21-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: inappropriate

Old 08-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #7
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User
Re: Is this normal?

Eloise-

The title of your thread has been changed. By stating February Moms in the title, the thread is directed to only those Moms. Thus creating a congregational thread. The only congregational threads allowed are the "Birth Moms Monthly Threads."

Thank you for your cooperation.
Mod 08

Old 08-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Is this normal?

im 35 wks and i have felt like crap since before i even took the hpt. some women get lucky and say they have never felt better but some like me unfortunately dont even remember what its like to feel good.

Closed Thread