It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

scabbyneutron HB User
1 hr glucose

Hey guys,

Hope all is well with everyone. Im 33 wks along & I just took the 1 hr glucose test. They said my sugar was 133 and they want me to go for the 3 hr. They said normal was b/w 65a nd 129. Any advice

Old 08-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: 1 hr glucose

Being as thought you levels were that low i think you have a great chance of passing the three hour good luck!

My one hour was 196 and i failed the three hour also. I was diagnosed the GD and was told to monitor my levels four times a day to determine whether i need medicine or not to help keep it down. I will find this out Friday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i failed the 1 hr too but i think my number was 169 maybe i dont remember for sure but it was pretty high up there. i ended up failing the 3 hr and now im on a diet plan and insulin(not fun). that is a pretty low number so i would say your chance of passing the 3 hr is good. 80% of people that fail the 1 hr pass the 3 hr me and sweetest just happen to be one of the unlucky 20%. even if you do have it it seems to be pretty mild and you would probably just be able to control it with food.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I was told the 1hr was suppose to be below 120 I failed mine too mine was 168 so I had to take the 3hr but I passed it with no problems.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 08-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I think those glucose test are a bunch of boo boo...lol who the hec has ever heard of putting a pregnant woman on a diet. But I cant believe im doing it. Ive been making sure to eat breakfast lunch, dinner and snacks. Im not on insulin YET but my diabetes educator told me about some mouth medication for it and will determine if i need it on Friday when she compare my levels through out the weeks i've been checking.

I thought the hardest part would be sticking to the diet but its actually ok. The hardest part is staying awake long enough after a meal to check my levels...the eatings no problem of course..lol

Then on the weekends i don't at a after breakfast reading because i don't wake up until about 11 and its time for lunch.I did cheat one day i had a piece of cake that i had left from the shower and it was great. The dr. told me that i might get induced at 39 weeks so if i started the mouth medicine tomorrow i would be on it for about 2 weeks does that make sense? Or would i have to still take it after giving birth?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
(female)

scabbyneutron HB User

Thanks guys

My sis in law was only a few numbers over and they made her take insulin shots. At this point im so far along by the time they get the resulty and put on any diet I will probably go into labor. Both my kids came 2-3 wks early.

I was terrified of doing the 1 hr. as i read some of the side effect and i have anxiety so that doesnt help. Now i have to do this 3 hr. But i gotta do what i gotta for the baby!

I dont think i can handle doing insulin shots to myself though. Im a big chicken.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

sweetest- most people lose there diabetes instantly when the baby is born so you shouldnt have to take it any longer then that.

scabby- i also have horrible anxiety problems and was taken off my meds when i got preg so its even worse now. i was terrified to do the glucose test when i heard some people get sick from it and i used to be really scared of having my blood taken. it wasnt anything like i thought it was going to be it was so easy. the only thing that sucked was having to sit there for 3 hrs. it kinda helped in a way cuz now im not scared of having blood drawn im just so used to it. i didnt think i would ever be able to give myself insulin. i wont lie i think it hurts like hell having to do it but you would be surprised what you can make yourself do when its for the health of your baby and not just for you.

Closed Thread