It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
Bleeding during early pregnancy....

Hi Everyone,
I am about 6 weeks pregnant just now.....and have a question.
Last week one day, I noticed a little "pink" on the tissue when I went to the washroom. It went away as quick as it came. My doctor said it was very normal, and that it can happen with all the changes in your body, not to worry if there was no cramping. Last night, just before I went to bed, I noticed this "spotting" again, it was red this time, and was again only on the tissue..nothing heavy. But because I was a little anxious, I got up a few times during the night and still noticed it. It is very little. This morning it was still there, but now it has disappeared again.
Has anyone had this and can reassure me? I never had this with my first pregnancy and am just a little worried......
Do I call my doctor, she said this is okay as long as there is no cramping....
Thanks,
Caroline

Old 08-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mistina HB User
Re: Bleeding during early pregnancy....

I had brown spotting the whole first tri-mester. I had bright red gushes of blood at 6 weeks and it scared the crap out of me. I went in and everything was okay. I am now 37weeks and all if good. I know it can be scary but if you've called your doctor, I'm sure she has assured you it is fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Hi Mistina,
Thanks for your message......that does reassure me also thanks......

You are almost "there", I hope everything goes well and you have a beautiful healthy baby!!!!

Caroline

Last edited by mary09; 08-21-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Hi Caroline,

I had this also with my current pregnancy (I'm now 16 weeks). It didn't begin until 10 weeks, but I had it about 3 or 4 times from weeks 10 to 13, I believe. It is very scary, but I'm sure everything is okay. My doctor has checked me, and sent me for an u/s and everything was fine. They really had no explanation for it. She did however, tell me to abstain from intercourse for a week, after noticing any spotting. So you might want to think about that. And also as your ob said, I'm sure if there is no spotting and cramping together you are just fine (apparently seperately, both are usually okay).

Whiskers

Old 08-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

I think it is common to have spotting, but a bit scary too. At 2 1/2 months, I had spotting-brown- and also a week later, it turned red. But all was well, I called the Dr. to make sure. I got another U/S and everything was fine.

Closed Thread