It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
(female)

schmebin HB User
Pain in right side upper middle of back

Hello,

I have pain in the right side of my back right about the middle of my torso right under my rib cage. It is a stabbing pain that comes and goes, and feels internal. It sometimes radiates to the front middle to lower right side of my torso. Any help is appreciated. Also, I am nine weeks pregnant and have had ultrasounds. The baby is in the uterus.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Pain in right side upper middle of back

i have this and it hurts bad!! i was told its fromy my rib cage stretching but since you are so early i dont know if its the same for you. im 35 wks now but i remember it starting around 18-19 wks and i went to the er for it cuz i thought i was having something wrong with my gallbladder. unfortunately if it is stretching it only gets worse and will eventually turn into a constant pain. you might wanna call the dr just to make sure though

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Re: Pain in right side upper middle of back

I started having bad pains right in the area you described around 9wks as well. I complained of back problems and of course I heard "it's way too early for back pains" but when I talked to my OB he said this was painful and perfectly normal especially if you had a smaller bone structure to begin with. Everything is spacing out, yes even this early, and it can be quite painful. Tylenol is fine to take and helps quite a bit. The sharp pains do go away eventually. At least they did for me but now im struggling with a whole new set of back pains! good luck

Closed Thread