It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
December Moms 2008 Pt 4

Well ladies, it's been a few days since we've had any updates... Teach, Hansen, Crossing and all the other December mommies - I hope you and your little ones are all doing very well!

So I had my u/s and appt today... at 17wks2days all looks good with my little trio. I'm quite relieved too as I was very nervous going in (what's new )... I just thought I'd have felt some movement or flutters by this point and still nada. But all three heartbeats once again were in the 150's. And babies looked SO BIG!!! It was actually hard for me to make out the babies on the screen! I couldn't even tell where the heads were most of the time! But my Peri was in the u/s room the entire time the tech was doing the exam, so I'm very comfortable that all is looking good. It was funny, when the u/s tech came in the room, she kept saying "no gender, no gender"... I guess there is a huge note on my chart that we want it a secret so they are being sure to not let it slip. However... I did tell them today that I was caving big time and I really wanted to know, but my DH encouraged them to help talk me out of it. They said of course it was my decision, but clearly they are all excited about it being a surprise. So anyway, I found out that I will have the big anatomy scan in two weeks. Next Thursday I get to have another u/s and they are just going to check h/b's and look at my cervix. Today it was measured at 3.8 (it was in the 4.0-4.5 range last time). My Dr said it still looks great. But they did have to switch to a vaginal u/s this time to get the measurement since the babies were shadowing it too much. So that is the good news... my back has been hurting quite bad this evening and I broke down again and took the motrin. I start seeing a physical therapist next week that my Peri referred me to and I hope that will help. But I'm handling the pain much better this evening since I got to see my little trio looking so good today!

Thanks for reading if you made it this far Hope everyone is having a good week!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 04:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: December Moms Pt 4

Hi Kari!! Congrats on another great appt!!!! I can't believe you're nearing the 18 week mark already - for triplets you are already at the halfway point & maybe a little beyond! Amazing!! It seems like just yesterday you were still in the first trimester. I bet your belly is getting huge already! I'm very glad to hear all three babies are still looking good & healthy & I'm very excited for your upcoming 20 week scan!! Will they be looking at all the internal organs & measuring everything then as well? My 20 week scan took about 45 minutes - w/ trips, I'll bet you could make a day out of it. I'm sorry to hear about the back pain. It must be awful. But it will all be worth it in the end & I know you can handle it. You're so strong!

Holly

Old 08-22-2008, 06:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User

Hi Kari, I've been waiting for a new December thread so I could stop by and see how you were doing. Your appointment sounds like it was great! I bet you'll be feeling those little guys (or gals) before you know it...and then I'm sure it'll never stop. With three in there, can you imagine all the legs and arms flailing! As for finding out the sex, stay strong. I know it's hard now and you're curious, but from the beginning you wanted it to be a surprise...so try to keep it that way! I'm so sorry to hear that the back pains are still there. I'm glad you're going to a PT next week though, I hope they can help things so you can enjoy this pregnancy to the fullest! Hang in there...only 6 more days til you see those babies again! - April

Old 08-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hey there Kari so glad to hear your appointment went well yesturday.Isent it just a relief to see them and hear they are well.Isent it funny how nervous we get before each u/s?I guess its only natural after all we have been through.At least you get to see your little ones every week thats awesome.As for finding out genders dont know what to tell you its really up to you sweetie.Of course you know how I couldent wait and still cant wait.Honestly when I find out I might have a boy it made it that more real yesturday.Anyway talk it over with DH and see what you both really want.So sorry to hear your back is still hurting but it really is natural considering all that weight you put on so quick.Just hang in there time is going by quickly and you will soon have you little ones in your arms.I hope your PT can give you some quick relief.Well take care and have a wonderful day.

Eva

Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hi Holly! I know, isn't it just amazing that all of us IF grads have come as far as we have! I'm so excited for our growing families! And yes during the big anatomy scan they will be doing a detailed exam of all internal organs... and, as I understand it, all the detailed measurments will be taken as well. I feel fairly optimistic that all will go good with that appt... It just seems to me that since we've seen the babies every other week for the last 2.5 months we've already had lots of opportunity for potential problems to be noticed. I really just want to stay positive! And so your big scan took 45 minutes??? Wow... well they told me it should take an hour. We will know soon enough!

Hi April!!! Thanks for all of the encouragement! I just loved hearing you say "only 6 more days till I see the babies again" What a good feeling! I think I will try to stick to my original decision with letting the genders be a surprise. I feel better knowing that they are thriving and growing... that is all that matters to me. Well I have to go see how things went for you this morning! I'm so excited for you right now my friend, you have no idea!

Eva, hey there! I think it's so cool we both got to see our little ones yesterday! It IS such a relief seeing their heartbeats and all the movement after days of nerves getting to me. And I'm excited that you found out you've got one boy but still have a surprise in store at your next appt! That kinda makes it fun! Wouldn't it be something if your second baby was a boy? I think I mentioned that I feel like I'm having 3 boys... it'd be crazy if b/t you, me, and Teach we had 7 boys!!! I'm sure one of us will be working in a girl (or girls) in there somehow, but it was just a funny thought. Hope you are having a great day!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Hi Kari- Sorry I haven't been on here much this week! The first week of school is always crazy!! Well, sounds like you had a great appointment. It is such an amazing thing seeing them grow. You are very luck to get to see them each week. So, your anatomy exam is coming up soon!! If you really want it to be a suprise then I think you should go for it! I just couldn't wait!! My anatomy exam took about 1 hr. and 10 min. So, I'm sure your's will take awhile. Will DH be able to come with you? I hate that you are having back pain like that. I really hope the PT can help you out!

Well, me and my boys are doing well. My students are loving watching my growing belly! The babies are really kicking a lot now. It seems like they are more active at night though, of course. Already keeping me up!

Well, I hope the rest of the Dec. mommies are doing well!

Take Care,
Teach

Old 08-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hi Teach! Glad to hear you and the boys are doing well!!!! I had a feeling things were gonna be hectic for you over the last week and the weeks to come. Totally understandable! I'm glad the kids are excited about your little miracles, and it must be fun to see them get excited! How is that belly of yours? Getting nice and big? It sure would be fun to share profile pics... I just took another one on Wed at 17wks (up 35lbs) and put it next to my 9wk (up 12lbs) and 13wk (up 25 lbs) and I think it clearly illustrates why my back hurts! So you say your little boys are kicking a lot? Wow... that has got to be such a cool feeling. I'm sure they are "fighting" for their own personal space Has DH got to feel them yet (or even see it thru your tummy???). Well it was great to hear from you! Enjoy your weekend!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #8
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Re: December Moms 2008 Pt 4

I'm so glad to see that everyone, especially our mommies with more than one are doing so well! Congrats on making it this far! I'm only having one and 25wks and sometimes I think theres just no more room. I envy you ladies with more than one and how strong you must be! I had another good appointment but then ended up having to go back at the end of this week with a severe UTI. This is a lot more painful than I'd imagined so im now on antibiotics and TONS of water. I can't stop stressing about the extra room and decorating and things. It just seems like I have so much I want to do and haven't got a thing done!!! Is it possible that we could exchange pics?!?

Old 08-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Kari

I'm so pleased that you had another great appointment! Things just continue to go so well for you...... yay!!!

Good on you for holding out on finding out the genders of your babies. I think it will be 100% worth it for you in the delivery room when you are told what sex your babies are. I remember giving birth to DD and the midwife telling me I had a little girl (I was DESPERATE for a girl) and the overwhelming joy I felt........ you will be experiencing all of that soon!

Take care!

Ruby

Old 08-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

amelu HB User

Kari, It so nice to hear you and the babies are doing well. I hope your back pain lessens up. Have you tried wearing a support belt, that helped me. It sounds like your babies are doing perfectly and you are so strong for not finding out the genders.....wow. Enjoy having them inside you, its such a special expereince........I still look at my girls and can't believe their little hands and toes grew in me its over before you know it. I don't post much but I check up on you and all the IF grad when I can so know you are all in my thoughts and prayers. AimeeM

Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Okay, I just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I had a little scare earlier. Over the weekend I noticed I was having this discharge that was sometimes clear and sometimes a pale yellow. I wasn't gushing and I couldn't even feel it dripping, but I had to wear a panty liner and change it every 4-5 hrs. So, I called the dr. today and the nurse was afraid I might be leaking amniotic fluid. So, I spent 2 hrs. in Labor and Delivery. They did a pelvic exam, u/s, urine sample, and took a sample of the fluid to sent to lab. Everything came out neg. I am not leaking the amniotic fluid. I got to see both babies and they were kicking like crazy. The tech said she had never seen babies that were that active! (I knew I was feeling a lot of kicks!) And the level of fluid around both babies was good. They did put me on a monitor though and I was having several braxton hicks contractions. So, I am to take it easy the next few days and then the dr. will check me again at my appt. on Thurs. So, it was a huge relief that I wasn't leaking. It was also great seeing my little boys again!

Kari-How are you doing? I hope your back is feeling better! DH has gotten to feel the babies kick and see them popping around! He loves touching my belly!

Well, take care Dec. mommies and I will keep everyone updated!
Teach

Old 08-26-2008, 04:14 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Oh Teach, I'm so glad that everything is okay with your boys and the doctors quickly confirmed that you aren't leaking amniotic fluid. Huge relief!!! I do know it's important to pay attention to cervical fluids when it comes to self-monitoring for preterm labor. Good for you for following up on that. Way better safe than sorry! I'm glad you got to see your boys moving around and so active! It's really the coolest thing ever. And how wonderful it is that your DH gets to feel all the movement now for himself! I swear I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever feel that first flutter... it sure would make these sleepless nite more comforting!!! So are you going to be working over the next couple days, or are you doing a bed rest kind of thing?

Hi Aimee! It is great to hear from you! I think of you and your little girls all the time! Do they still have totally different shades of hair color? I bet they are just the most beautiful darlings in the world! As for my back, well the struggles continue... been up in pain here in the middle of the nite for the last 2 hours. But I do have my first physical therapy appt tomorrow... optimistic I'll get some relief. And maybe I will try a support belt like you mention. Hope you are doing well! Thank you so much for stopping in to say hi!

Hi Ruby! I didn't realize you had waited to find out the gender of your little girl! Thanks for the encouragement... I think we will stick it out till the end, but since I still worry (why won't these babies let me feel them move??? ), there are moments I wish I knew! Anyway, I hope all is going well with you and your pending new arrival! I'll have to go check the March thread!

Hey Crossing! Good to hear an update from you! I'm glad to hear that you had another good appointment! Very sorry about the UTI... I've gotten the impression that we are more susecptible (sp?) to those nasty things just because we are pregnant. I am definitely crossing my fingers I don't have to face one in the weeks to come, but the good news is it certainly is something that is treatable. How are you doing now? Oh, and there is no picture exchange on this site... we all just get to use our imaginations... kinda like trying to picture what our little babies will look like when they are born!!! Hope you are having a good week!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Kari-I am also very relieved that I followed up. I am also relieved that my drs. office was on top of things. They were very throughough last night with everything. Well, I am working, but I have spoken to my boss and she is very understanding and we are working together to keep me off of my feet as much as possible. I also plan on going straight home afterward and have DH do some pampering! Well, good luck at your appt. today. I hope they can give you some relief!!!

Teach

Old 08-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hello ladies.Teach I am so glad to hear things are fine with you and the boys sorry you had a scare.I keep thinking when will we stop worrying?from here on I guess we dont stop worrying.Also glad you have help at work always helps to have understanding co-workers.Oh I have a question I was wondering if your OB put you on magnesium?Magnesium helps with pre term contractions.I havent had any issues but my OB put me on it just to be on the safe side he said since I have twins.I was just wondering if yours mentioned it or put you on it yet.Ok well gald all is well take it easy and be safe.

Hey Kari I am so sorry you are having such a rough time with your back.I just really hope you get some relief today at your appointment.I know it cant be fun not getting the sleep you need.Just cant imagine what you are going through but I feel for you sweetie.I will look forward to your post later on to see how your appointment went.Take care and have a good day.

Eva

Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 AM   #15
(female)

Hansen36 HB User

HI everyone. Haven't posted in quite a while. Have been in alot of pain lately and I think that I have even had a few contractions though I am not sure. It felt like rock hard stomach going around to my lower back which was the most intense back pain I have EVER had. And trust me, I have had my fair share of back pain. Met with my PN and really like him. I am taking Ultram for the pain which is a non-narcotic so I feel ok about that. I am going to the doctors every 2 weeks instead of 4 weeks to make sure that the baby is growing ok due to the medicine. She is one active baby, it is almost 3:30 in the morning and I can't sleep because she keeps kicking me in my bladder and I keep almost peeing in bed. I am sure that DH won't appreciate that. He has been working alot of overtime trying to make sure that we have enough money for this baby coming. I appreciate it so much, i just miss him. This last weekend we went and did our baby registry and he got to walk around the store with the little scanner thing. He played like Mission Impossible around the store corners and some of the clerks saw him and said that dads do it all the time. I found that quite funny. I also have found that my pregnancy has changed DH quite a bit. He is much more atttentive and understanding about stuff. He said that when we finally got pregnant he wouldn't give into my cravings but I find that he has more than I do. I have gained 1 pound and I think that he has gained 12 haha. He was great at the baby store like walking around with strollers and seeing how sturdy the cribs were and stuff. I find myself falling even more in love with him, and I didnt know that could happen. So things in that aspect are good I am just nervous that the baby is going to come early due to my pain.

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Kari, I don't know how you are doing it keeping 3 babies sex a surprise, I couldn't wait to find out just the one. I hope that you start to feel movement soon, it is truely amazing and such a relief to feel. As soon as you start to have any doubts about anything, those kicks really reassure you. Thursday will be 23 weeks for me and I started to feel movement about 18 weeks so you should be feeling some soon! Teach, glad that the boys are doing well and I am glad that everything turned out ok with the leaking. I have been having more and more discharge as each week goes on, and let me tell you, I am not a big fan. I just feel gross all the time but they said that it is normal and will continue to increase until the end. Great! lol.

Everyone else, glad to hear that all is well! I will try and get on here more often, it is just hard to sit at the computer for a while!

Closed Thread