It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

want2beamama HB User
October Mommies 2008 Part 2

Our last thread was closed so I started a new one!

Hi all!
Today is 34 weeks for me, 6 weeks to go!! I had an appt on Wednesday. It went well, they did the Strep B test and I'll get the results at our next appt at 36 weeks. After that it is weekly appointments! I can't believe it is coming so quickly. I've gained exactly 20lbs total, but had some extra lbs to start so I feel good about my weight gain to date.
I have an ultrasound scheduled for 37 weeks because they believe he is big. He was measuring in the 68th percentile. My doctor said they wouldn't consider inducing before 38 weeks so there is nothing for us to worry about right now. I really hope it doesn't come to that because right now I plan on working until I am 39 weeks (Sept 27).

I had my shower last Saturday. It was so much fun...co-ed at our house. We were very blessed with all of the family and friends that came and all of the beautiful gifts we received. Our nursery is almost complete and his closet is FULL of clothes.

We registered for a birthing class at our hospital. It meets 3 nights in September. I hope I can stay awake for it...it is scheduled until 9:30 pm and that is past my bedtime on most nights.

I hope everyone is feeling well!

Last edited by want2beamama; 08-22-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

want2beamama HB User
Re: October Mommies 2008 Part 2

Just posting to get us back on the first board...where is everyone?
Hopefully enjoying the end of summer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I went for my 4D Friday it was so amazing she is soooo pretty and looks just like her big brother and he looks like his mama so I feel special HAHA. Everything seems to be going good I go Tues 9/2 for and U/S to check her growth and at my last appt we set a date for my c-section and it will be on Friday Oct.24 (if I don't go in labor before then)
Had a little accident yesterday I was feeding my dogs and it was raining and muddy I slipped and fell on my side so I am sore from my knees to my sholder on my left side so I'm taking it easy today my ribs hurt so bad. But the baby is moving around and I'm not spotting or cramping so I guess I'm lucky this time but I am way more carefull today when I went out to feed.
Today we picked out paint for Ava's room and got her car seat it is so cute. I think my shower is planned for Sept 20.
Hope everyone is doing good.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 08-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
(female)

madera74 HB User

Hi all.. just had an appt. today (34.5 weeks) and all seems to be going ok. The dr. mentioned that I had a little bit of protein in my urine and said that I had this in the past too - no one had ever mentioned it - but she said that since it was only a little and my blood pressure was fine, she didn't see a need to pursue it further at this time and that shouldn't worry about it. I have gained I think right around 30 lbs, but I sure feel like this kid has doubled in size in the last week. I have no idea though, since I have not had an ultrasound since around week 25 and don't anticipate that they will do another one. I am measuring slightly ahead, at about 35 weeks. Kicks are starting to feel different - fewer little jabs and more big ol' stretches, where sometimes I can feel a hard lump move across my belly.. so funny. I still can't tell what is a knee vs. a foot or elbow, etc. I have had 2 showers the past couple of weekends - one with coworkers and then one on Sunday with family and friends. Both were so much fun and we got lots of great gifts for the little one. We have a labor & delivery class coming up the weekend after next and other than that are just finishing getting things organized at home. I can't believe how time is flying -- our little ones will be here before we know it!!

Hope everyone is doing well (Tami - sorry to hear about your fall - ouch!!)

Old 08-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
(female)

LisaW88 HB User

Hi everyone...I had my 32nd week appointment Tuesday. They did my NST and it was so frustrating because the twins were moving around so much that it was hard to keep them on the monitors. Anyway, I go every week to my regular doctor now and I see my perintologist one more time before I deliver. I was so mad on Tuesday because right after my NST, I was supposed to see my doctor. Instead in walks her assistant (a nurse practioner) who had prescribed me the wrong prescription when I was in the second trimester, which is totally risky with pregnant women...well people period but just the point that she had no clue what she was doing.So I had them make not that she was not allowed to see me anymore. Well instead of following the orders she still came in. She had no clue what she was doing!!! She didn't check the heart beats, do my pelvic exam, and had to ask me what I need to do for physical activity. I swear I could have jumped up and popped her in the head I was so mad and frustrated! So of course, I didn't get to see my doctor...and don't even know if my NST came out okay, if the twins were doing okay, or anything. So hopefully when I go in on Tuesday I will find out more...but if that lady comes in again, I am going to let it known to her that I want my doctor! Anyway, that is enough of me talking...I just had to vent...I hope everyone else is doing well and your babies are doing well!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Hi all, great to hear updates. we are getting closer.

I am 34 wks 2 dys, and will be going to my dr appt tomorrow, and a hospital tour tomorrow night. Then next week DH & I will start lamaze classes, every wed night in Sept, and I agree with Want2be, I'm sure I'll get really tired because I think mine go to 9:30pm also.

Just got back from our last vacation before baby - went to Santa Barbara, Hermosa Beach and Solvand, CA. I think I did pretty good, just had to stop and rest a lot when walking around shops. I look really big and many people we met thought I was due very soon, but really have 6 more weeks. It's all baby out in front, so I'm not complaining. I love it! I love feeling him move around, and I feel like he's such a blessing to our lives already even before he's born. I'll post soon to let you all know what the dr's say about his size, etc.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I am SUPPOSE to go back to the dr Tuesday 9/2 for an ultrasound but seems to be we have a hurricane coming I don't think they will be open and if they are I'm not going out in the weather to get there. Other than watching the weather being really hot and looking and feeling huge I'm doing good. UGH hurricane=no power and that means no AC.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 08-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Glad everyone is doing okay! I went for my 32 weeks doctor visit today. Everyone is also telling me my belly is so big and asking if I am due soon. But the doctor said I am measuring right and that is good because I do not need to have another ultrasound. I thought they routinely do one on the last trimester but she said only if the fundal height is small or something else is going on. I also have protein in my urine but this is something I have even before pregnancy. Blood pressure is good.

We have a baby shower last saturday and it was really fun. We got a lot of cute baby stuff. Im having another one at work next week. My nursery is full of baby stuff already.

Will start our childbirth preparation class next tuesday 7pm-9pm for 4 weeks.
I dont think I need the other classes but we will go for the infant CPR class

My baby's head is pointing downwards already and sometimes when Im having Braxton Hicks contraction and my belly gets so hard like a ball, I feel like having a watermelon between my legs. It usually happens when Im walking. In the store, I have to pause and people will ask me if Im okay lol!

They will do the Non Stress Test on me by 36th weeks. My maternity leave starts on the 38 weeks. I cant believe we are all getting closer to meet our little ones. It was just like yesterday when the fertility clinic called me that my pregnancy test was positive.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #9
(female)

forgetmenotcj HB User

tami52100 - Please be careful with the hurricane coming. I am in west Texas so it won't affect me, but it sounds like it will definitely have an affect on you. Stay safe!

Also, I just wanted to update. I had my 34 week appointment today. After reading everyone's posts I feel like something is wrong. I mean, at my appointments the nurse measures my stomach, hears the heartbeat, weighs me, and checks my urine. Then, the doctor comes in, looks at my chart on the computer and asks if I have any questions. The whole appointment takes about 10 minutes tops. He just keeps saying everything is "perfect" - I'm not complaining - but he doesn't really say much else.

My last u/s was around 20 weeks and he hasn't mentioned having another one, hasn't mentioned anything about the strep test or the NST that most of you ladies are talking about. And I haven't had any pelvic exams since my first appointment - and again, no mention of doing one.

My next appointment is 9/11 - will be 36 weeks and 1 day. I am assuming they will do the strep test, but no one has mentioned it. I guess I am not asking the right questions about upcoming appointments - but it's my first pregnancy and I don't really know what should be happening at each appointment except what I read from you all.

Do you guys think that because my urine, blood pressure, weight, and all the other previous tests have been "perfect" in his words - that he won't do these things (ie strep test, NST, u/s, pelvic exam... etc) or maybe it has just slipped his mind to mention it??

Old 08-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

forgetmenot..... I wouldn't count you out just yet I was just watching the weather and they seem to have put Texas back in it.

On the strep test mine hasn't said anything about it either I'm 32 weeks. The NST (isn't that the u/s to measure everything that is what I'm thinking it is) if so I have been having regular U/S measuring everything.

ON me I have had a VEERRRRYYY interesting evening I have been in the hospital (again) this time it was really scarry I was having some pretty bad contraction and they was pretty regular. They gave me fluids and all but still they wasn't getting any better they had to give me a shot of medicine to stop them after about 15-30 mins they finally leveled back out and I was able to come home. The dr said I wasn't dialated and my cervix was still long. So I am on bed rest for a few days and hopefully they want come back.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
(female)

madera74 HB User

Forgetmenot - My appointments sound exactly like yours. This last time the nurse who takes my blood pressure before the doctor comes in mentioned that I had protein in my urine "again". No one had ever told me that I had this before so I asked the doctor when she came in and she said that it had shown up in 1 or 2 tests before but that since my blood pressure was fine, she wasn't worried and didn't feel the need to pursue it further. This time she did tell me that after my next appointment I will start seeing her once a week, and that at my next appointment she will start doing the internal exam (to check for dilation) and that I'll have the strep test. It was still about a 10 min appointment. I haven't heard anything about having a NST and I don't believe they will be ordering any other ultrasound unless something comes up -- or for example if you are measuring particularly large or small - but so far I'm measuring pretty much on target so I assume there won't be a need. This is my first pregnancy too, so I'm not always sure what's coming next either. I imagine that you will have the strep test and will start having the internal exams soon - I think both of those are pretty standard.

Tami - Honestly, never a dull moment with you is there? You take it easy.. little Ava will be here soon enough!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #12
(female)

LisaW88 HB User

Tami- The NST that you're talking about would be a machine that they hook you up to. If you're only having one baby it has two staps on it and one measures the baby's heartbeat and the other measures your contractions. Then they give you a little beeper to push everytime you feel the baby move. So just to let you know its just to see if you're having contractions and to make sure the baby is still active. It is not an ultrasound. I just had my NST for my twins and I had one for my first pregnancy with my daughter. It's really just an annoying test in my opinion, but i'm glad they do it!

Forgetmenot- I didn't have exams check my dialation until I was 37 or 38 weeks pregnant with my first daughter. Now I'm pregnant with twin girls and I am 32 weeks and they haven't checked yet. I assume they just check if you've had regular contractions or problems. Otherwise its probably later in the pregnancy. That is just a guess though so don't quote me on it!

Anyway, I hope I could help you ladys. Or at least give you some idea of whats going on. Good luck everyone and again Congrats!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

OK they they haven't said anything to me about an NST either I wasn't sure because the ultrasound they do has some kind of letters but I don't remember what they are so Thanks Lisa.

On me I guess there isn't a dull moment because I am still just as active as I was before I got pregnant cutting grass with a push and riding mower weedeating riding the tractor still doing my dog kennels and when it gets wet out there it is some kind of slippery so I guess things do happen if I stayed inside I would go crazy. I've always been an out doors person and I am in better shape now than I was before I got prengant too. The baby is growing good gaining weight but I haven't gained a pound so I am very proud of myself The dr said that it is good I'm healthy and Ava is too.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 08-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

Like Liza said, NST is not an ultrasound but a machine that measures heartrate and contractions for fetal well being. And some of you guys wont have it because maybe there was no reason to have one.

Im having one because of my age. And some who have twins, are suspected of placental problems, overdue or having early contractions or high risk for any reasons like gestational diabetes, high blood pressure etc.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

I had my 34 wk appt with my OB yesterday, and she said that she wasn't going to do the stress test on my because I didn't have any warning signs or needs. She said that only because I did IVF would be the slightest reason to maybe do the stress test and I jokingly said, "why? to better protect the investement?" and she kind of agreed. But she said everything looked very good, as my baby is very active, blood pressure, weight gain and measurements are good, I'm now 35 yrs old, so that is fine too (they only automatically do stress tests after 40 yrs in my clinic).

My next appt is 36 wks where they will do the strep test. Then starting at 37 wk appt they will begin to check my cervix. I totally understand not knowing what to ask at the appts, I always bring a list of questions with me - many of which I get from things all of you say on this board. I find that the dr's are willing to answer questions, but not all that forthcoming with information just to give out information. I think they have just been doing it for so long with so many patients they must take so much of their knowledge and information for granted and not offer it unless asked.

Closed Thread