It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User
Question STRESSED OUT about hcg levels! Please help!

I have been on an emotional rollercoaster the past few days

I will be 6 weeks pregnant on Sunday (Lord willing). Over the past 2 weeks, I've had my blood drawn 5 times in order to check my hcg (beta) levels and progesterone.

All my levels looked perfect until Wednesday. I started spotting on Sunday (5weeks pregnant), got my levels checked the following morning: hcg 4,082 progesterone was in the late 20's. On Wednesday my hcg levels were only 4,822. For all of us who have been through "hcg hell", we all know that the numbers are supposed to double and the failure to double results in a "nonviable pregnancy"

I have been crying and worrying since Wednesday. I actually was at peace at the fact I was more than likely miscarrying. WELL, today my hcg level is up to 6,800 and my dr. was very surprised and he wants to do a transvaginal ultrasound on Monday.

I don't know what to think of all of this????? Has anyone experienced a phenomenon like this and had a normal pregnancy?

Any feedback would be appreciated and thank you in advance for reading my post.
Expecting baby #1 EDD April 20, 2009!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: STRESSED OUT about hcg levels! Please help!

Hi there,

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about what you've been going through!! I can completely understand what you mean about being at peace, expecting to m/c. I had one back in January, and I somehow just knew in my gut that's what was going on (before I had any hcg testing done), but I was still trying to be hopeful of a successful pregnancy, and it was the not knowing that killed me the most....
But on a more positive note, I have heard of a couple situations where the hcg did not double or even go up too much, and everything turned out fine. I don't have much more info on this, only that it did continue to rise, just not at the expected rate (I found this info when researching hcg levels online). So try not to worry too much (although MUCH easier said than done, I know ). Only 2 more days and you'll find out how everything is with your lo. How is the spotting btw?? Any cramping? I'll keep you in my prayers.

Whiskers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User

Thanks Whiskers. I really appreciate your concern. Even though I have not miscarried, I have been through all of the stress and emotions and it is so heartbreaking. This experience has given me a whole new respect for women who have had a miscarriage. It's just the absolute worst feeling in the world... such a deep and personal pain.

I'm actually doing really good today. I haven't spotted in almost 24 hours and I have no cramping or discomfort. My dr. ordered me to stay off me feet and rest. Even when I did spot, it was only a little (never any darker than med. brownish and very sporadic (about 4 or 5 times in the last week).

I will keep you updated and let you know how my ultrasound goes on Monday. Thanks again for your concern and prayers
Expecting baby #1 EDD April 20, 2009!

Old 08-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Okay, I look forward to reading your update! I live in Canada, and things work quite differently here, I think. This is my second pregnancy, and my doctor only told me what my hcg levels were after I m/c, and I'm glad! I think when you know what they are and you are expecting to do something specific, when they don't, it can be very nervewracking! Anyway, take care, try to relax, I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Whiskers

Closed Thread