It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User
23 weeks and in pain.

I've got a rather weird question. This is my second pregnancy. With my first pregnancy, I was incredibly sick to my stomach through the entire thing but other than that I really didn't have much trouble. This time around, I'm not throwing up, but I have been in loads of pain. I work in a Wally World and am on my feet nine hours a day... I've noticed that even early on in the day, my entire stomach will start to feel slightly crampy, which turns into just constant pain any time I move even in the slightest and gets almost unbearable if I actually try to walk anywhere. At one point, it got so bad that I wound up in the E.R. but the doctor just gave me one of those "Oh, she's a panicky pregnant lady" looks and patted my leg and told me to go home. Is there anything I can do about it or any idea what it is? I know what round ligament pain feels like, and this is very different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2008, 05:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: 23 weeks and in pain.

I probably can't be of much help on exactly what is going on with you, but I can say from experience that this is my second pregnancy and it has been much harder on my body than the first one was. I can't IMAGINE being on my feet all day. I work in an office so I sit for the 5 hours that I am there, and even then when I do get up and walk, I feel so sore and uncomfortable that I feel like I could cry. My best friend and I decided to take a walk one day up the street from her house to pick up her daughter at day care. I seriously thought I was going to go into early labor. It was horrible!!!! I was getting cramps so bad and my whole stomach felt tight. I really thought something was wrong. So I can only imagine that if you are on your feet all day that you are probably feeling pretty badly at this point. If you are worried, call your doctor. They can reassure you that everything is ok. But I think overall, the second pregnancy is NOTHING like the first for your body. I LOVE being pregnant, but at this point, I am pretty much over it. Plus, I think you are like me and didn't have a lot of time in between your two. I found out I was pregnant when my DD was 6 months old, so not a lot of recovery time in between. I think it makes a difference.

Maybe you could even mention to your work about how you've been feeling and see if there is something less stressful on your body that you could do at work??? Just a suggestion. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Last edited by Delia79; 08-23-2008 at 05:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi DG -

I second what has been said about calling your doctor and reporting how you're feeling. You may need to be seen, may need to drink more water, or may need a doctor's note for lighter duty at work. Whatever it is, your doctor needs to know about your discomfort so it can be evaluated.

With my 2nd, my DS was almost 4 years old, so when we got home from work, I'd nap on the couch in the den while he watched an hour long cartoon show in the same room. He was happy to wake me up when his cartoons were over and I was happy to snooze in the same room so I could hear if I was needed. The 1 hour nap every day did wonders for me, too. If at all possible, I recommend it - after your call to your doctor, of course!

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Have you considered one of those maternity support belts? They hold up your belly to ease the stress on your back and hips. You can do an internet search for them.

Closed Thread