It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Getting Upset!!!!!

Ok i really need to just be a big cry baby right now. I have not had a rough pregnancy at all, it has been going fast and speedy and great. I get aches and pains from time to time but why is it that people think every person that is pregnant is the same.

I was at my grand mothers house and its like every 30 minutes someones asking me how am i am i tired am i ok....Im feeling like GOSH im just sitting here how can i poissible be so tired.

I talk to my mother often and we'll call my grandmother on the phone and she ask me all the time am i resting and am i tired today. I mean dang i go to work come home lay in the bed basically do NOTHING but take a nap and watch tv. What do people think you run a mile race or jump up and down fifty times to become tired.

Lastly im sick of hearing things from people that dont really know me too well, about how the baby will need this and that and crys this much and that much and i;ll be soooo sleepy. HONESTLY I know that but at the same time im thinking what else am i doing. NO i didnt say im bored lets have a kid this was unplanned. But i was never the active outgoing person. I like being home cause most of my pay check is being put into my home to make it as comfortable for me as possible. I go to my mothers house on some weekends and may go out to eat from time to time and thats enough enjoyment i need. My bf and i dont mind being home watching tv talking, or what ever being together is all we ever did since we was 16 and 17 years old. Its like as long as we are together we are fine. I dont have a boring nothing to do life i have fun my days are full of smiles and laughs someimes crys when my bladder is being danced on but i think when the baby come we WILL make alot of adjustments but not nothing that will dramatically change my life.

I figure when the baby gets here he'll keep us up some nights and its cool because sometimes on work nights im up until 3am anyway and am tired the next day. I think i'll have to get used to the cries but its not like i can just give him away so i choose to not be a baby and just deal with it.

I dont have other kids to clean up after and i dont have daily duties such as dusting and cleaning imean things like that are done maybe a few times a month. How dirty can a house get when only have 2 people that work half the day and spend the next half in one room with your feet up. Things work best if you clean as you go along. So i feel like when im caterering to the babies needs..is my bf supposed to be walking behind me watching or doing some extra things that needs to be done. OR vice versa.

Basically the hardest part about this baby FOR ME will be the crying, less sleep, finding GOOD daycare and the smell of a diaper.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: Getting Upset!!!!!

Oh, I completely understand. My mother is constantly telling me that I do too much, I should take it easy, etc.... Sheesh, I'm only 13 weeks! Plus, since I had a miscarriage before, she implies constantly that it was my fault somehow, and that I should "be more careful this time around." I want to scream (ok, I actually do sometimes!).

I finally got fed up with her one day and made a special visit to her house, without my 20-month-old, and asked her what she was doing at my age (36?). She remembered that she had a 6 and 4 year old, a 14 year old, and several foster kids in the house. In addition, she was working part time as a waitress. Also, her dad was living with us (more housework, cooking etc.) and her husband was working 2nd shift, so she said that she felt like she was cooking all the time to meet all the different schedules. I said, "well, how is me taking care of 1 child and doing lots of volunteer activities and helping you out (she's disabled) any worse?" She didn't reply. I've tried to explain to her dozens of times that there was nothing I could've done to prevent the miscarriage except start having kids sooner.

People are well-intentioned, but sometimes it's just annoying. I would just record a message on your answering machine that says "Nope, haven't had the baby yet. Yes, I'm feeling fine. Thanks for your concern. We'll be sure to call as soon as we've had the baby." And then don't answer the phone.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: Getting Upset!!!!!

Great idea about the phone thing but one addition i have to make...."P.S. Dont leave a message"...lol

Im glad im not the only one getting fed up with things people say at first i thought it was just me. My supervisor at work always have things to say but see he lives in his little ol' apartment all alone with no life so he has to be in other peoples business alot. spends alot of time at work. On top of that he think he knows everything. What a joke! he knows nothing about me.

Closed Thread