It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

topdoris HB User
had a fall yesterday now scared please advise

hi guys at 3am this morning i fell down a step at the front of my house my brother helped me up and think i only fell on my knees not my stomach happened so quickly anyway when i went back inside house my belly was moveing a lot and kicking etc also this morning i felt kicks and movement slightly after this

i am just a bit concerned i have caused the baby to be in distress with the way it was moveing around after fall i have no bleeding no pain or anything and have felt move i would say every so ofter when put my hands on belly

please could you advise i dont want to keep going up to hospital as i was up there last thurs for 8 hours and everything was fine but want to know if thi has happened to anyone else

cheers guys

Old 08-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User
Re: had a fall yesterday now scared please advise

I also fell on my knees when I was around 6 months. I never bled and I the baby's movements were normal in the hours following, so I was never too concerned. Everything turned out fine. You know your baby's movements better than anyone...if they seem out of the ordinary, call your Dr. Better yet, if you are worried, just call...more than likely they will be able to put your mind at ease =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

im usre everything is fine if it was just your knees and you can still feel the baby move. but i know if it was me i wouldnt feel better til i got checked out. you can go to l&d or the ER and they can let you hear the heartbeat so you dont have to worry about it anymore.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I am the queen of falling down, especially when pregnant. This time around I've only fallen once. Last pregnancy, I fell twice. I agree with the above poster....I am sure all is fine, but if you are truly worried, just give your doc a quick call. They'll assure you all is ok!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

i've never fallen, but i would be more worried about the baby not moving after a fall. i think your baby was just reacting to the sudden movement. i've had a few times when i almost fell down the steps, and my adrenaline started pumping. After that, my baby was moving like crazy! If you're not bleeding or cramping, I wouldnt worry too much.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I too think your baby may have been a little jittery because of the sudden movement but i really do think that all is well if your baby had little to no movement i would be worried. Best of luck to you. Your little one should be fine.

Closed Thread