It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

abergsma54 HB User
Pregnant with diabetes

Does anyone have diabetes prior to being pregnant? I am a type 2 diabetic and I do take insulin for it. Is there any recommended diet that will satisfy both the pregnancy and diabetes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Pregnant with diabetes

i didnt have it before i got preg but i have the gestational type and from what the drs have said they treat gd pretty much the same as type 2. they will send you to a dietician and she will give you a strict meal plan and you may have to increase your insulin as you get farther along. i couldnt control mine with just diet so im on insulin too. you will also be considered high risk and will probably have more ultrasounds and tests done then a person without diabetes. as long as you can keep it under control though everything should be ok. problems dont usually arise unless you ignore your diabetes and let your glucose constantly stay elevated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

abergsma54 HB User

Thank you - my blood sugar level was at 380 last night. I checked it again this morning and it was at 200. This is still very high compare to the 80 - 110 range which it should be. This is making me nervous.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

if your fasting sugars are that high then they will more then likely stick you on a long lasting insulin to do before bed and a fast acting insulin to take each time before you eat. i understand about freaking out if my sugar is just a couple points over what is should be i have a fit

Closed Thread