It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Extremely swollen... down there.... :s

Hi ladies,

I hope this isn't tmi!!
I'll just get right to it. The left side of my labia is VERY swollen during the day (it goes away at night, but as soon as I stand up in the morning, I can feel pressure in that area), to the point that it looks really distorted. I had this in my first pregnancy as well but it didn't ever get this bad, was not this uncomfortable, and didn't begin until probably early in the third trimester. I asked my ob about it (with my ds), and before taking a look, she said "it's probably a swollen vein", so I'm assuming it's relatively common. That is what it ended up being, but it never got this bad! I am currently 16 weeks, and I've had it for probably 3 weeks or so already. I can't imagine what it'll be like when I'm 40 weeks!
Does anybody else have this? If so, any tips on how to relieve the discomfort?

Whiskers

Old 08-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Extremely swollen... down there.... :s

ive felt like i was swollen down there and if i look there are some enlarged veins. i never mentioned it cuz it hasnt been real bad but ive looked up suggestions online and it recommended a belly belt to help relieve the pressure. you may wanna look into that it couldnt hurt to try

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 04:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I don't know if I am actually swollen down there or not, because I can't see and haven't bothered to look but whenever I get up after laying down, it is so sore. It feels like someone kicked me there! Ouch.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Thanks for the replies!
Delia, that's what I felt like the first time around (with ds), but I realized when washing in the shower, that it was quite lumpy... I know, tmi. Anyways, I didn't realize that vericose veins are swollen veins. That is so gross to me! I did some research, and found that it is very common to get them in the vulvar area during pregnancy (and also in the legs, which I knew about), so that makes me feel a bit better to know it's common. I hope it doesn't get too much worse though because there is so much pressure already, I'm not looking forward to what 10 weeks (or 20) down the road holds!!

Whiskers

Old 08-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Maybe it's best I don't look then! I think I'd rather not know what it looks like!!!!

Closed Thread