I'm due to have an amnio tomorrow to see if my baby's lungs are developed to have a c-section on Wednesday. I am nervous that it might be too early to take him and he'l have problems but I now that's why their doing the test. Is 37-38 weeks too early to bring him into this world? I'm really nervous that I"m making the wrong decision because my doctor left it up to me. I have really bad back problems and just want to get him out but I wonder if I should suffer through for another week or two or just get it over with. Of course, if the amnio comes back good. Sooooo, my question is....is 37-38 weeks too early???
I say that everything should be fine as long as baby's lungs are developed. A friend of mine went into labor at 35 weeks and had a healthy 7lb boy! He was on o2 for 12 hours but he is very healthy for a 35 weeker. Good luck!
Hi my Ob does his c-sections between 38-39 weeks so I am sure that your baby is going to be fine. I am also going to have a c-section and I think mine will be at 38 weeks. As long as the lungs are developed. Good luck.
My twin nephews were born at 34 weeks and were absolutely fine. I say if the test comes back good and you really want to get the pregnancy over with, go for it! I am sure your doc wouldn't endanger your baby and wouldn't do the c-section if he thought it would be detrimental. Good luck, only two days away from seeing your baby!!!!
~Ella Ann, July 2, 2007~
~Madilyn Mya, September 21, 2008~
With my first I was a failed induction at exactly 38 weeks and ended up with a c-section. Baby was measuring big... turned out she was just going to be tall. She was 7 lbs 1 oz, but is in the 90 percentile for height since birth.
I switched doctors/hospitals this time around and was told that they wouldn't do a c-section before 39 weeks.
If your amnio comes back ok, and your doc is comfortable with it, and the baby is measuring ok, then yes, the decision is yours. I'd wait until at least 38 weeks, personally... but everyone is different. Is the impending holiday playing into your decisionmaking? If so, then I would definitely rethink it. Make sure you're doing what's best for the baby overall.