It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
Sex of the Baby when did you find out?

REMOVED

I just want to know when everyone found out the sex of thier baby. I have an u/s tomorrow and I will be 13 weeks 4 days. when i scheduled this appointment i was 8 weeks 4 days and the u/s tech at that time said that at my next u/s (13 weeks 4 days) they would have a pretty good idea of the sex of the baby.

when did everyone find out the sex? How far along were you? Was it a clear picture? did anyone find out early what the sex was and then later on was told it was the opposite sex? thanks guys! i look foward to finding out what i'm having!

Last edited by Mod08; 08-25-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Do not comment on moderator actions

Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: Sex of the Baby when did you find out?

I was 18 weeks when i found out i was having a boy and no it didnt change. I think by 18 weeks the picture is pretty clear.

I have heard of people being told one sex and then delivering another but my opinion on that is if some people are told they are having girls and then comes to find out they are having a boy it seem understandable because evidently the doctor missed something. BUT there is humor to being told you are having a boy and then comes to find out its a girl, i say this because you try to figure out what was between the baby's legs to make you think it was a boy.

Basically what im saying is its easy to miss something than to see something thats not really there. Hope this makes sense to u. Good luck and Congrats!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Hi there,

I think 13 weeks is too early to see the sex Unless you've had an amnio and they can tell you that way. But otherwise, I don't think they can give you an accurate answer until 16 or 17 weeks at the very earliest. I hope this doesn't dissapoint you!
As for your other question, I waited for a surprise with my first baby, although the ultrasound tech said she could clearly tell what it was at 19 weeks 3 days. And I have an ultrasound this time around where I was told I would be able to find out the sex at 18 weeks 3 days, but I think we're going to wait for a suprise again!

Whiskers

Old 08-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

You all that hold out for the surprise amaze me! Such will power. I could NEVER wait. I found out at 19 weeks and something days both times around. This time, I was a little sceptical when they said we were having another girl. The u/s tech just didn't seem completely sure. The next time I had an u/s, they couldn't get the baby to move her legs enough but still thought it was a girl. I still wasn't 100% convinced. I just had another u/s a few weeks ago and I saw it for myself this time....it's definitely a GIRL! So, of course mistakes can be made, but I think eventually they'll be able to tell one way or another. That is if you have more u/s after the usual 20 week one. I have to agree with Whiskers though....I think 13 weeks is a little early and if they tell you the sex at that point, I wouldn't be completely convinced. Just my opinion. Good luck!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i found out i was having a boy at 19 wks. he was very stubborn and didnt wanna open his legs. it took a while but then he opened them for just a second so that the tech could get a good picture then he closed them back up but you could clearly see his stuff. he also had his arms in front of his face so we couldnt see it straight on. i think im gonna have a shy baby lol. 13 wks does sound early to me. ive always heard that they can tell around 20 wks give or take a few.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

I was told at 13 weeks. They told me I was having a boy. I think a boy would be a bit easier to tell than a girl that early. I'll go next week for another ultrasound at 21 weeks and be checked again, hopefully it'll still be the same. However every one just thinks the chinese lunar calendar thing is always right on, based on that I'm having a girl. So it'll be interesting to see what I'm really having. I'm really feeling the boy vibe though.

Oh and by looking at the ultrasound at 13 weeks, I could barely make out the head let alone any private areas. I'm just glad I had an experienced ultrasound tech.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I was 20 weeks, and he was so totally proud to show off his junk! I am 26 weeks now, and I have another us in 2 wks, but I've had 1 since, and thats ALL he would show

Old 08-25-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I was 19 weeks and she wasn't shy. I have ultrasound every 4 weeks and she is more than happy to show that she is a girl.
With Ds I was 24 weeks.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 08-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #9
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

Thanks for the replies everyone! I was happy to see that someone else was told at 13 weeks i thought it was early too but the u/s tech said we'd be able to get a pretty good idea (like 90%) so we'll see, my appointment is in just a few hours and it's all i can think about!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

All the baby books and websites that I read say that by 13 weeks the genitalia is completely formed and in the right position, so you should be able to see things fine.

Many people don't find out until 16-20 weeks since that's when most people in the US have their second u/s -- the one where they measure all the bits and pieces. But if you're having u/s earlier you should be able to see things earlier.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #11
(female)

amanda26 HB User

I just want to add that I am almost 15 weeks. I had an unscheduled US (due to some bleeding, but everything is fine) when I was 13 weeks 5days. The US tech asked if I wanted to know the sex, and I did, but it didn't matter because I already saw it sticking out, plain as day. It was obviously a boy. She also turned on the color (of blood flow) in umbilical cord to show me that wasn't what we were seeing. I would say if it is a boy it is really obvious, and a girl might not be so easy to tell. My sister-in-law was told a boy, then had another US to be told girl. But from the start I noticed her US picures looked nothing like a boy and matter of fact that first machine gave her a picture that looked like it was from the 80's or something. Depends on the technician and the quality of the machine. Let us know what you find out!!

Closed Thread