It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Question Heating stimulation during labor?

I have been thinking.....many people says that labor feels like bad gas pains of menstrual cramps. I know its alot worse. However when i has cramps heating pads and warm baths seem to work ok in managing the pain.

In the hospital they have whirlpool bathtubs and i think the warm water will help me. Do you guys think a heating pad would be acceptable/appropriate? Or is this just a myth of mine.

When i get bh contractions my bf push on my back and massage and this seems to relieve some pain also when i lay on my back and me massages my muscle in my thighs and hips. Any one know any more ways to help manage the pain?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
Re: Heating stimulation during labor?

yeah, get the epi!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

I thought you are getting an epidural? Once you get that they hook you up with a cathedatr, IV's, heart monitor and you are numb and stuck in one spot.
I had a midwife and used no drugs and I used the whirlpool tub to help relieve the pain. It helps somewhat, but most of it was truly MENTAL. I had to mentally prepare for this from the time I found out I was pregnant. It is easy to give up and get an epidural because the pain does get intense. Heat and/or water usually helps relieve pain, but of course never all of it.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Sweet,
Are you asking for the time period before you get the epidural? I still think it would be an option for you before you get the epidural if you do. I definitely didn't get the epidural right away during my first labor. I had to wait quite a while. So I think if you are considering this for before the epidural, it might really be helpful.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Yeah i was thinking about using the tub before i get the epidural. I dont want to get it too soon because it may ware off. Ive heard stories of the epidural waring off or being turned off by doctors.

At my hospital i dont think they give it to you until you are at 4 cm and i think its too late to get it when you are at 8cm. Ofcourse i read so many different things online and hear from many people this and that. But thats how it work at the hospital i want to deliver at. But as for being induced i dont know if i will be able to get up and walk around. I have a appt. this afternoon and plan to ask my doctor about this. I will keep you updated!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Sweet,
Yeah, let me know, I am interested to see what they have to say. I am one of those people whom the epidural wore off for. I was NOT happy at the time, but plan to ask them to turn it off this time around when it's time to push. I don't think the hospital I deliver at has the tub option. It's good that you are thinking of all of these things though. With my first pregnancy, I just kind of didn't know what to do. This time around, I am thinking more about options like these as well to deal with the pain before having the epidural. Last time, I just kind of freaked and dealt with it and didn't really try anything to relax or help myself through it. I am not going to do that this time.

Closed Thread