It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 04:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Why am I soooo sore???

I am 35 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second baby. The last few days especially, it feels almost impossible to even walk. I feel like I've worked out for hours on end and literally besides what I have to do, I've been doing nothing!!! My pelvic area, inner thighs, lower back hurt so bad that it's honestly making it difficult for me to walk around. I feel ridiculous at work, people are probably looking at me like I have something up my b**t the way I am walking. On top of that last night I got two Charley Horses....one in each leg. So now my calfs are sore too. I didn't realize pregnancy the second time around would be so much different on my body. Is there ANYTHING I can do to feel better? Like I said, I am 35 1/2 weeks and don't plan on taking maternity leave until I go into labor. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: Why am I soooo sore???

The only thing i can suggest is have your husband to massage you legs and thighs with alcohol every night and that will help you to at least get a good night sleep. I put a pillow between my legs at night it eases the pelvic pain if your legs are even (this works for me). and lastly i dont think it has anything to do with whether its the first or second pregnancy, I think its just being pregnant in 2008. Ive been reading alot of people say it wasn't like this the first time...lol.

I planned to go out on maternity leave Sept 5th and that is the week i will be getting induced so that works out fine for me. And give yourself some credit alot of pregnant women dont even want to work all the way to the end like us. Im proud of myself for that it really hasnt been that hard to do. However i dont understand how you feel about work...i get up from my desk to walk to the mail room/copy room or bathroom and i feel like im about 80 years old trying to get old hips to work.

Every night for the past 3 weeks i have been getting up between 5-7am to go to the bathroom and will be in alot of pain when i try to get up. First off i had to roll on my back this make it feel like baby decides to bounce on my spine and then i have to twist to put my feet on the floor then stop and take a break then pull all my weight up and sit there for a minute by then i have to go even more and as soon as i get up to walk it feels like ive been holding my bladder for days. I am literally bent over and walking so funny to the bathroom. But i always say a few more weeks and i will be fine. back to normal.

Good luck! and please remember you are not the only one!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2008, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Well I guess it's nice to know someone else is sharing in my pain. Just curious, what does the alcohol do for the massage, I've never heard of that? DH and I both get up at 2:30 am for work. I usually try to be in bed by 8:00 or 8:30, but sometimes it's hard having a 13 month old to put down too and then trying to wind down enough for me to get to sleep. I get up about 3 times during the night to go to the bathroom. This is when I get the charley horses in my legs, when trying to get up. I do use a body pillow, but it just isn't helping. Not sure why, it worked wonders last time. I would love to just go ahead and quit working now but I am too selfish, I want all 12 weeks after the baby is born. With my first daughter I actually went into work in labor that morning. It hadn't gotten too bad yet and I had an appointment with my OB anyway which is right across the street from my work, so I figured why not? I didn't want to waste any of my maternity leave before having the baby. So I guess I am just going to have to put up with it. I really wish my body didn't hurt so bad though, it makes it tough.

Last edited by Delia79; 08-28-2008 at 06:37 AM.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I should have been a little more specific. Using Rubbing Alcohol helps to loosen the tension in the muscles so you can move a little better. This usually wares off of me by time i have to get up to go to the bathroom. I get up at 7:30 am but dont really get to sleep until about 2am sometimes.

I get charley horses too in the night. Try pointing your heel down with your toes pointing upward (hope that makes sense) It really helps, this is honestly not a myth. Some one on this board told me to do that and its been working wonders.

Because i work at a church and its a non-profit organization that doesn't have over 50 employees my boss only allowed me 8 weeks which is good for me because by law im only entitled to 6 weeks. I thought that i would have one week home before baby is due but because im being induced i will be having the baby next week hopefully during the weekend so my bf wont have to leave work before he's scheduled to have his time off.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

That is great that you will be able to have your induction next week, I bet you are so excited! Yeah, I am so blessed to be able to take 12 weeks. I have been with my employer for almost 9 years now and a long time ago they used to allow you to take 16 weeks! That was of course when I was younger and not ready to have a baby yet. Too bad. 16 weeks would have been even better, but I certainly can't complain about 12!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

You are right! 12 would be the best. I have only been here for a year and a half so they are being really generous.

Speaking of my induction at this point im still not worried about the pain yet (maybe because it hasn't started) but right now im just worried that nothing goes wrong. My pregnancy has been stress free and complication free thus far besides my GD and it just seems like its all too good to be true. I want my delivery to go well and work out fine.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I know what you mean about not thinking about the pain yet. I think I did that the first time around and even find myself doing it this time too. It's like living in denial is more fun or something. Don't worry, everything will go fine with your delivery. The doctors and nurses are there to take care of you and to make sure that all goes well. And by the time you have your baby in your arms, you will have forgotten all about it anyway! I can't wait to hear about it!

Old 08-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
(female)

madera74 HB User

I will be 35 weeks in just a few days and I have been really sore too, as of the last week or so. I feel like I am hobbling around at work too, and some days I just don't know how I'm going to put up with this discomfort for another month plus. Have you tried a maternity support belt? My OB suggested this, although she warned that they are not the most comfortable, especially in summer when it's hot. But they give your belly some support, which takes some of the weight off of your pelvis. I just picked one up yesterday (at BRU - about $30, but hopefully a good investment!) and it seems to be helping somewhat so far. In the reviews a lot of women claim that it gave them relief. Just a suggestion as something you might try. I do also agree with the previous poster who said that sleeping with a pillow between your knees should help keep your hips aligned and might help with the pain. Hang in there.. our little ones will be here before we know it and this will all have been worth it... right?? (My ankles are swollen like tree trunks again today... this kid better be cute! lol)

Old 08-29-2008, 04:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I haven't tried a maternity belt but might honestly have to consider it. I am with you, I don't know how much longer I can put up with it. I do sleep with a pillow between my knees but that isn't really doing any good at all. And I know what you mean about the ankles swelling. I'm sorry, did I say I had ankles. I USED TO!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

I'm only 26 weeks, and I've been sore too. I've pulled my groin the past 4 weekends in a row! I have been trying to get too much done at home, and I've been doing some lifting that I shouldn't have been doing. I work at a school, so I have to do a lot of walking. On Mondays and Tuesdays, I hobble around like the baby is coming out right at that moment. I am worried about the next 14 weeks. I plan on taking maternity leave a week early, so I still have a while to go.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Well I hope we all feel better very soon for our sakes...however, I am pretty convinced at this point (36 weeks on Tuesday) that my pain is here to stay until the baby is born. Hope I can make it without falling over in pain first!!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:01 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

one thing that i noticed with all three of my pregnancies is that when i didn't drink enough water, i retained water, which seemed to put an extra strain on my body and make me feel more sore than usual.... so make sure you are getting plenty of water.

for the charley horse problem, try eating a banana once a day, or eating a whoe pickle once a day (for the potassium, which helps muscles to not knot). also, try stretching a bit before going to bed, just make sure to keep your foot flexed and not pointed! try to get into the habit of flexing your foot when you are in bed and don't ever point your toes (that can quickly lead to a charley horse). i got charley horses all the time with my first and then with my second, learned to flex and not point and by the third kid, i never got a charley horse.

for just walking and getting around, again, make sure you are getting enough water. also, make sure you are wearing good supportive shoes.... and i know this is obvious, but don't wear heels of any kind, wear flats (my sister just could NOT give up her heels and she suffered horrible back and pelvic pain through out her pregnancies because of it!).

another thing to be aware of, is how you lift your 13 month old. are you using your legs or your back? do what you can to avoid picking up your child. a good thing to use is a step stool to help your 13 month old climb up on so you don't have to get so far down to pick her up.... things like getting in and out of the bath, in and out of bed, in and out of the car.... all can be made easier with a stool!

anyway, i know exactly what you are going through because i was just there not too long ago! it is NOT fun! but it won't be forever and you'll have a beautiful baby in your arms!

ps - sweetestpink, i cracked up at your description of how you get out of bed! i had a very similar routine too! i even had to have my husband get up some nights and help pull me out of bed!

Last edited by marisuela; 08-31-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

marisuela--The getting out of bed routine is definatly about to start envolving my bf this is the last week i will be prego according to my doctor, so now is the time i use him for all he got...lol its been like a good luck charm ive been saving.

I guess stretching is the key to get get me prepared now. Please wish me luck!!

Closed Thread