It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

Paye HB User
symptoms of 2nd pregnancy

For those who have had more than 1 pregnancy, how different were they for you? I am prego with #2 and am feeling soooo different than I did with ds. I am hardly feeling any symptoms at all and while I should be glad of this it has me a little worried. I had extreme ms with ds and hardly any this time, while I didn't like the ms it still gave me a little piece of mind. I have also spotted just a little this time around and never did with ds. I've called the nurse and she reassured me that I was fine. I don't know this pregancy is just going to be very different or if it's just because I am only 6 weeks today and many symptoms haven't shown up yet.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: symptoms of 2nd pregnancy

I didn't really notice feeling any different at first. I did have bleeding at around 11 weeks, which I never had during my first pregnancy. However, I have noticed it's a lot harder on my body now (35 weeks) than it was the first time. I wouldn't worry. Like they say, every pregnancy is different. Good luck and congratulations!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Yes, my 2nd was soo different. Not much MS, only 1 month. W/ 1st preg. I was sick the whole time and had to go on Reglan and Pepcid. More heartburn w/ 1st.

I had more aches and pains w/ my 2nd preg., though. And I felt more tired. But had a great appetite! I also had spotting w/ 2nd, and none w/ my first. So truly every preg. can very different. Best wishes!!

Old 08-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #4
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User

I had no symptoms either until around 9 weeks. Then I couldn't stop vomiting until around 25 weeks . . . . this has been a TOTALLY different experience than the first time around. I am having a girl this time (my first was a boy) . . . don't know if that's why. I'm convinced that's why I was so sick. With my son, after 12 weeks I felt great.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
(female)

Paye HB User

Thanks ladies! That does make me feel better! I do have a feeling that this one is going to be harder on my body for some reason. I already have slightly swollen fingers- yikes!! Did everyone show much faster too? I'm not showing yet, but do have much more apetite than last time and am more bloated. I just feel SO different! I wonder too if the fact that with ds I was really nervous and excited which could have led to some ms. I'm extremely excited with this one too, but I just know what to expect more. Who knows!

Old 08-29-2008, 04:19 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Oh good greif, I feel like I've been showing since I found out!!! I showed really quick even with my first daughter but this time around it was even sooner. So yeah, expect to show sooner than the first time.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:05 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

I started to show with my second much sooner, it was like within the first month! My first preg. it was 2-3 months. So it is common because everything has already been stretched. I got bigger too with my second. My Mom thought I was having twins. But I do not think I was that big! I could eat more, unlike my first where I had no appetite. I am soo glad that I was not sick like that again. I have two boys, so I do not think the MS has anything to do with the sex of the baby.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Yeah I don't either. I have or well, will have two girls here soon. I have never had MS. My best friend will also have two girls here soon and she had MS pretty bad at the beginning of both of her pregnancies. So I don't think the sex has anything to do with it either.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

I also showed MUCH sooner with this pregnancy, and I think I showed sooner than a lot of people with baby #1 too (I'm 5'2)! This time, like Delia, I was pretty much showing from the time a got a bfp. But I really popped around 13 weeks this time. I'm 17 weeks now and I have been asked a few times if I'm having twins as well, because my body has just jumped right into growing so much quicker than it did last time (I'm not having twins, btw).
I also had a lot of different symptoms with my ds, than I do this time. The biggest one for me is that with him, my back couldn't of been more sore, for most of the first and third trimesters, and with this baby, I have had almost no back pain at all! Also the nausea this time is much worse. I'm still having it off and on, and with ds it was gone by about 13 weeks.
I wouldn't worry about the lack of symptoms at 6 weeks, they'll more than likely creep up on you soon enough!

Whiskers

P.S. I have had spotting with both pregnancies, and everything was/is fine, so no worries! It's very common.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
(female)

Paye HB User

That makes me feel so much better. I think with the combination of spotting and no ms I was worried. Then I keep reminding myself about how grouchy I've been toward DH and realize that I am experiencing some symptoms, just different ones. It's also reassuring to hear how many others have spotted. I know it can be very normal, but inevitably I get worried when it happens.

Closed Thread