It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User
Weird kicks and BH contractions at 20 weeks?

I'm wondering about a couple of things. First, all day today I've been feeling the baby kick, but usually I feel it in the tops and sides of my belly. Today it is down low and feels like it's inside my vagina. I know that's not possible, but that's what it feel like. It feels very strange and a little uncomfortable. It's making me worried because I never remember feeling this with my 1st pregnancy. Also, I've been having a lot of braxton-hicks contractions for the past 2-3 days. It mostly happens at night or after I eat. They are uncomfortable and happen about 5-6 times in an hour. They aren't regular, and they go away eventually. I thought this was a little early to start having BH - and to have them be so noticeable kind of freaks me out. Has anyone else experienced either of these issues?

Old 08-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Re: Weird kicks and BH contractions at 20 weeks?

I'm 26weeks now but as early as 20 to 21 weeks I started feeling the strong BH's and very low kicks. I wouldn't really describe it close to my vagina but very low like around my pubic bone area. I still get the really low kicks and the BH's still come and go but I had the same experiences as early as you are. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Only if the contractions are regular and start to get painful. Good luck =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

you might wanna give your dr a call. i was told that if i have more then 4 bh in an hour i should call the dr even if there arent regular cuz too many can cause early dilation. im not trying to scare you i would just rather you were safe then sorry.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I am 35 weeks and definitely describe the kicks like they are in my vagina. Well they aren't kicks because my baby is head down, but whatever she is doing in there, that is where it feels like it is and it hurts! I don't know about the BH because I am still not sure that I've ever had one. If I did, I never noticed it. Good luck!

Old 08-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User

Well I'm glad to know someone else has that same kicking sensation. It's gone now, but when it was happening it felt like her little foot was right in my privates!

I did call the dr about my BH, if nothing else but to ease my mind. I'm just waiting for a call back now. I figured better call so I don't have to worry over the long weekend.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I know what you mean, those movements are really weird when you are feeling them that low. Everyone keeps telling me that I am carrying really low lately, and when I had an u/s a few weeks ago, her head was so low that they couldn't even see her face. But, either way, I am still getting those sensations every now and then and it feels like something is just going to come right out of there. Yikes!!! Hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread