It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User
kidney stones

Is there a way to detect kidney stones without a CT scan? My dr thought I had one in each kidney, but figured they relodged because nothing ever passed. I've been feeling like I'm getting a UTI, but I've been getting painful twinges in my lower back on each side. I havent called about the UTI yet because I am trying to drink a lot, and I'm not totally sure thats what it is yet. The last time I thought I had a kidney stone, I was in so much pain that I spent the night in the ER and even with all the injections of pain meds, I was still wrything in pain. The pain was so sudden too, that I dont want to be at work if I do have nother attack like that.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: kidney stones

I am not sure if they can find the stones without an xray or something but I had them too right before I found out I was pg. I was in the hospital for a few days tons of fluids but still nothing they stayed put. I came home and my grandma (91yrs old but she acts like she might be 50)told me to drink fresh squeezed lemons in water with an ounce of olive oil (yuk!!!!) I did the oil once and I cound not take it I got sick. But I got a bag of lemons and squeezed them and drink my water with heavy lemons and about 2 or 3 days later I felt better the aching in my back was gone and I haven't had a problem since so I am guessing they passed.
If you think that is what it is it want hurt to try the lemon and water.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User
Re: kidney stones

Like Tami, I have kidney stones a month before I got pregnant too. And I knew it was kidney stones coz I have the same pain 3-4 years ago but I might have passed it without knowing it. But the most recent one was so intensed, I was crying when I usually have a very strong pain threshold. It felt like someone keep stabbing you at the back. My husband took me to ER and I passed the stone when the nurse asked for a urine sample, I felt a strong painful spasm followed by a sudden relief and saw the stone in the cup. The doctor asked if I had given birth already, I said no and Im trying to get pregnant at that time.
He said, most women patients he had that had given birth would rather give birth than suffer from kidney stone pain.

Okra and Spinach are just my favorite green veggies but has to cut down because of their association with oxalate crystals. With regards to your question, its hard to determine the stone without xray or ct scan. My urologist dont wanna see me now until after I give birth so Im really trying to drink lots of water and avoid sodas and chocolates. Switching orange juice to grapefruit juice. Evensoysauce and ginger are high in oxalates.

I hope you will just pass the stone and not have so much discomforts. There's really nothing much they can do when we are pregnant but give you pain relief and antibiotics incase it is also associated with UTI.

Closed Thread