It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Should i be nervous by now?

Lately i have been having lots of labor, delivery, and inducing questions and have been back and forth to the hospital for maternal-fetal monitoring and things have been going well thus far. This board and many of its members have been great help. My question i have now is related to getting nervous about delivery i am 38 weeks now and supposed to be getting induced at 39 weeks because of my gd this induction date falls over next weekend or into the begininng of next week, and im not nervous yet. What im afraid of is that i will get nervous all at once you know, like when they tell me to push and i say no, how about another time or if i go into labor and the pain is so bad i try to ask for a refund of pregnancy or something. I know this may seem weird so i guess this question goes out to the women who are pregnant with their 2nd or third child. When did u get nervous?

Old 08-31-2008, 04:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: Should i be nervous by now?

Honestly, I never got nervous. Living in denial is so much more fun! Seriously though, I think you've had 9 months to prepare mentally for labor, even though you've never experienced it, so I don't think it's something that is just all of the sudden going to freak you out. You know some what the things to expect and you've already prepared for that. And plus, it's not like you can get out of it now! It's happening whether you are scared or not, so try not to be. I think it's good that you aren't nervous personally. It's all so exciting, scary, and nervewracking anyway, so why make it worse by worrying about something that you can't control? Honestly, it's the most wonderful experience you are ever going to have, painful or not, so just try to enjoy. And if you aren't nervous, then count yourself lucky!!! I say that's a good thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2008, 06:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

i didn't get nervous until just before each of my three babies were born.... it didn't interfere with my labor or delivery though, because when it came down to it, i was so excited to meet my new little one, and so relieved that it was the due day, that most of my worries were pushed to the back of my mind and i was just ready to get it done! any worries i did have, i presented to my nurse and she was more than helpful at making me feel better.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

You can ask those questions all you want, but you're not going to get your way. You're gonna have to push the baby and you're not getting a refund. LOL

You have much greater depths of strength than you realize right now and it's only natural to be anxious waiting for such a monumental occasion to occur. I had my induction date about 2 weeks out (with the first child) and it was as bad as the 2ww while TTCing! When the day finally arrived I had to wait all day for the hospital to call and tell me what time to be there. They finally said 5:00 pm, so DH came home early from work and we had a late lunch and got ready to go. At 4:30 pm they call and say to wait until 7:00 pm - ARGH! Then when we got there I had to wait in the waiting room with several other families for about 2 hours before they got me a room. It was agonizing! Plus, it seemed really twisted that here I was, 9 months pregnant sitting in the waiting room of LDR!

You're going to do fine.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

At least it doesnt last as long as a pregnancy. Baby has been so active lately. I think he's kinda anxious to be here.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

this is my first so i have no experience but im not nervous at all. i think i am so uncomfortable and fed up with this gd that i dont even care about the pain right now i just want all this to be done. im sure once the pain starts im gonna be like no i take it back stay in there but right now i just want him out! im getting to the point where im desperate, ive been trying to talk him into coming out but he doesnt want to. im getting more and more stressed cuz my gd was bein so good and now the past few days my numbers have been real bad again and its making me really dizzy and im just ready to put all the horrible pregnancy stuff behind me and have my little boy here. at least you only have a week tops, i could still have up to 3! i go to the dr on wed for my 37 wk appt and if he says im still not dilated im just gonna break down and cry i so want him to be like your a 4 he will be here by the end of the week but im tryin to not get my hopes up too high.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User

I was never nervous, but I'll be honest - I got really freaking mad during delivery! I was in so much pain that all I could think of was "This is really p***ing me off! Just get it on out so I can get it over with!". And getting angry is what really helped. The nervousness, I think, mostly fades away because there's so much else going on that you don't really have a chance to be nervous.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I was checked twice last Thursday and wasnt dialated at all and was told the head was still high. When i heard that i was like how can this be. How can his head be so high but i feel it so low i mean they make it seem like the birth canal is a mile long. And when they checked to see if i was dialtated she had to stick her hand so far up there. When i left there i was walking to my car and feeling the baby woble and move and squirm and im like if you are not ready to come then go to sleep.

Thats wrong to say i know but it just seem like this last week is going soooooo slow. I thought that i would get an appt. to be induced and then get admitted on that day.. How wrong was i.....im gettin irritated because i dont know whats going on with that and three different people told me that they just got a phone call from the hospital and was told to come in. My mother said she was called at midnight and they told her to come in at 9am. But the way im feeling now i just want a phone call or maybe when i go for my appt tomorrow they can just keep me. im really ready now.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

That sucks that they don't schedule your induction in advance so you can plan it. Sheesh! Even though I had to wait and wait, at least I knew when it was so I could have the house clean, the refrigerator stocked, and my DH could plan for his work assignments.

Closed Thread