It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

nuttercan HB User
one nipples leaking?

Hi,
I am 30 Weeks. Both of my nipples have felt occasionally wet for a few weeks, one side much more then the other. Today I was inspecting them, and colustrum came squirting out.
Only the one side had discharge, the other does not. My concern is over the other side has a bit of an inverted nipple and it does not seem to be as "up to speed" as the other.
Is this normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Re: one nipples leaking?

Well I can't really say if this is totally normal or not but I can say that I have the same thing. My left breast leaks much more than my right. My right doesn't seem to leak at all unless I'm trying to get something out of it and sometimes not even then but my left side leaks on its own. Maybe the one side will be the best feeding side but if you do have occasional leaking from the other side it should be just fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I think most women have a "best side" when it comes to breastfeeding, which makes sense to me as we have preferred sides for everything else (eyes, ears, hands, etc.). When I was pregnant with my first child I would get leaking from the left all the time and none from the right. But the right side consistently gave twice as much milk as the left. Go figure!

Old 08-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

I'm the same as the pp's. Have I heard somewhere that the left side of our bodies are slightly bigger than the right? Well, I know mine is, including the breasts. With my first pregnancy, both my breasts leaked from about week 25 or so onward, but the left always leaked quite a bit more. It ended up being the side that gave much more milk as well, even though (like you), I have more of a flat nipple on that breast.
So yes, I do think it's normal. And I don't think your inverted nipple will hinder your milk production at all. Although you may have more trouble getting your baby latched onto that side (I know I had more trouble getting ds latched onto my "flat nippled" breast), but there are things that can be done about that, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Last edited by WhiskersOnKittens; 08-31-2008 at 08:12 PM.

Closed Thread