It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

LisaW88 HB User
Any get really bad headaches?

I am 33 weeks pregnant with twins. Recently for the past week or so I've been waking up and have TERRIBLE headaches.....Do you think thats a warning sign or just another pregnancy thing?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
Re: Any get really bad headaches?

Hey Lisa! We meet again! I have struggled with headaches since the first trimester. The headaches actually got worse early in the second trimester for me. Since my backaches started getting bad, the headaches eased (thankfully I don't usually have both hurting at the same time!), but I do still get occasional headaches - had one yesterday in fact. Some are worse than others and sometimes I wake up with them. I generally just take tylenol when they are bad and sometimes lay in a quiet dark room and that helps. However... being that you are so far along and considering this sounds like a new thing for you, well I certainly couldn't say for sure it's not a sign of impending labor.

Glad to see you and the duo are still hanging in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Lisa have you been in to get your blood pressure checked recently? At my last prenatal appt. my blood pressure was high and they asked me have i been having head aches. they said that headaches was a sign of high blood pressure. This is not to scare you but in your last weeks. it can be very common. i am now 38 weeks pregnant.

But other then that i did have one week of headaches, this was early in my pregnancy. GOODLUCK to you!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
(female)

LisaW88 HB User

I have a blood pressure cuff at my house that takes your blood pressure three times and gives you the average and today it was 106/60. Is that bad?

Old 09-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

if your blood pressure is 106/60 then its not pre eclampsia. thats high blood pressure. that is a little low though. low blood pressure isnt a health risk like high blood pressure but it can cause you to be dizzy and get headaches. make sure your eating enough especially when you first wake up in the morning. my aunt has had low blood pressure ever since she was little and she has to eat a full breakfast and drink some orange juice every morning or she feels like crap the rest of the day. really the only thing low blood pressure can cause is passing out but it wont do anything horrible to you or your babies if your low. its much better to be low then high.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I figure that thats a good bp for you. I would just check with a doctor at your next appointment and ask about the headaches and remember you can also call your doctor at anytime. i was always afraid to do so thinking i would ask dumb questions but its quite common to feel this way.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

I am now 14 weeks 4 days and have been getting pretty bad headaches almost the whole time. My doctor says its totally normal and just a side effect of being pregnant. Unfortunately Tylenol does not work for me. I can take up to 6 without them doing ANYTHING at all. I asked my doctor if this was okay for the baby and he said it was fine. I hate having these headaches. They are not fun at all and make me feel like crap

Old 09-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
(female)

LisaW88 HB User

So I went to my doctors appointment today...I asked about my headaches and she said that its tension on my back that is causing the headaches. I guess the further along you get the more weight you have pulling on your back muscles, which causes headaches. And for me...with twins I have double the weight. So its quite normal according to my doctor!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #9
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

is anyone still getting these bad headaches? i'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and i've had them almost continuously the entire time. ive been taking 4-6 tylenol almost every day which my doctor said was okay but i still worry im doing harm to my baby. i dont drink alcohol (before i got pregnant i mean) and i dont do drugs or anything but im worried that my baby will be born addicted to tylenol or something. i took my mom to my 16 week appt earlier this week and i was worried to mention something in front of the doctor with her there. anyone else getting regular headaches? anyone else taking tylenol regularly or talked to thier doctor about this? i wish i could just go lay in a dark room but im at work (which i think causes a lot of my headaches bc i look at a computer all day)...they make me scared though. oh ps, i do not have high blood pressure, i regularly have low, i think on monday it was 100/60. i eat small meals during the day but i continuously have low bp. i read in a post earlier that this could attribute for them...anyone thoughts?

Last edited by eloise_girl24; 09-18-2008 at 07:22 AM.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #10
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

I started getting Headaches a few weeks ago, Im now 14 weeks Pg..They are headaches like I have never had befor..It just pounds when I stand up or move around alot, or even when i bend over I can feel my h/b in my head & ears...Ugggggg I hope they dont last thru out this pregnancy, I still have a ways to go. My doctor told my to take two tylenol pm's and drink a can of coke with them befor bed...It helps me sleep and keeps my headache away at night..but i get them during the day too. I hate taking all this stuff when Im Pg..The tylenol pm's are prolly knocking the baby out too..

Old 09-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #11
(female)

LisaW88 HB User

Hey ladies, I also had the early on headaches. (I mean, early in pregnancy). It fealt like I went thru a bottle of Tylenol in days!!! It worried me so much, but my doctor said it was very normal to get headaches early on. It was really weird b/c one day I woke up and they were gone. Although, later in pregnancy around 30 weeks I got them again, but she said that it was because of tension on my back due to so much baby weight. I'm having twins so I have double the weight on my back. Anyway, I hope that helps you or at least calms your nerves. I've been told its perfectly normal to take tylenol and I took it alot. So good luck and congrats on your pregnancies!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Instead of Tylenol, has anyone tried smelling peppermint oil? Buy a bottle of peppermint essential oil and inhale the smell and if you want to take it further, dilute a drop onto a wet paper towel and run into your temples. This can be a natural cure to your headaches and it works for me in under two minutes usually.

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 09-18-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #13
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

thanks for the responses guys...i took 4 tylenol this morning and it still hasnt gone away, im about to take 2 more. lisa, its good to hear that yours went away but while you had them you went through tylenol like i have been. i just wish they would go away already. i know there are a lot of factors causing them such as stress, little sleep, allergies etc. i just wish when i took the tylenol they went away and i could continue on with my allergy filled, stressful, little or no sleep, day

Old 09-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

If the regular dose fails, more will not help, in fact it may simply lead to rebound headaches. Tylenol is not good, it causes liver damage, something many of us assume will not happen to us and in addition, your immune system is weakened because your pregnant, when you take these drugs which consist of chemicals, the body doesn't process this well and it further weakens your immune syste, leaving you vulnerable to getting sick. Try the peppermint method that is natural and works in most cases. My husband, mother, and her freinds now do this for headaches. You can't keep taking drugs to fix the problem, drugs like Tylenol never fix anything, they only suppress it, so you need to figure out what is causing your headaches and address the root of the problem. We have a mentality these days that we can just take a pill for everything and that simply is the wrong mindset. If you lack sleep, you need to sleep more, if you have allergies, figure out what is CAUSING your allergies and stear clear of the cause and in addition drink some warm tes or water to help keep your sinus clear, there are things you can do!

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 09-18-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
(female)

LisaW88 HB User

She deffinatly wasn't saying that she was taking more than the reg. dose. She and I both just took it as directed every so many hours. It's not unsafe if you follow the directions. I do agree about drinking water, that seemed to also help. I would just recommend you talk to your doctor about the allergies...I also had really bad heartburn and sorry to say but just figuring out what causes the heartburn ISNT going to stop it. When you're pregnant sometimes it doesn't matter what you eat or how much...you just get it 24/7. That was my case and we tried many differnt medications. The ONLY one that we found works for me is Nexium. So I do agree some things can be fixed with simple changes but otherwise sometimes medication is deffinatly needed!

Closed Thread