It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
(female)

topdoris HB User
getting ready for new arrival however scared

hi guys

i know this is possibly a daft post however i woulld welcome your thoughts

i think i have got all the bare essentials ie baby grows cradle cot sheets etc

in terms of newborn clothes and when taking out in pram for october what would you recommend i dont want the baby to be too hot or cold i know will be autumn in october however i so want to make sure i am doing the right thing

cheers guys

xxx

Old 09-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Re: getting ready for new arrival however scared

I have so many baby clothes and im scared how the weather will turn out. Many poeople talk about in september the weather will break and this is my first kid and im so scared i wont know if he's too cold or too hot.

Im not sure about all this so im in the same boat you are in. So that is a question i also have. The weather here has been so crazy already.

But i plan to really keep the baby in for the first month and a half. except for occasional outtings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I think it's really hard to say until you see what the weather is like from day to day. I have warmer clothes ready since our daughter is not due until the end of September. However, it can still get pretty warm here even in October sometimes, so I've tried to have a few cooler outfits available as well. One thing you ALWAYS want to have on hand when out with the baby is a blanket or two. That way, if you dress them a certain way and then the weather changes suddenly, which it can do, then you'll be prepared. Plus when out and about, it can be warm outside, but when taking them inside somewhere it might end up being much cooler. Blankets are always a must! Don't worry about not knowing if your baby is warm enough or not....it's just another one of those things that you learn really quickly.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

healthseeker HB User

try layering clothes...so then you are prepared for whatever the weather brings!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

You'll do fine. Trust your motherly instincts. Get a new baby book that goes week by week as to what's happening with your baby and make sure your partner reads it, too! Also, check out the infant care board here -- you'll find lots of support and others with similar questions.

And remember that infants can't regulate their body temperatures as easily as adults, so they get hotter quicker and colder easier. So, be more in tune to cold fingers and toes and hot necks as signs to add or take off clothes as appropriate.

Closed Thread