It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
(female)

topdoris HB User
getting scared now of labour

hi guys i am due on 9th october however think will come before i am getting really scared of labour i know i have possibly been watching too many films etc however im scared something bad will happen to me or the baby i suppose my hormones arent helping my dh has said it rarely happens these days and was more in the early years that this happened and that ill be fine im am over weight however thinking all sorts i really want to have some reply of reassurance i suppose this is a normal feeling however would appreciate your thoughts

all checks i have had done are fine ie blood pressure urine etc so why do i feel like this

linda xx

Old 09-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: getting scared now of labour

word of advice DO NOT watch those baby shows on tv. they are just gonna scare you and you dont need that added stress. baby story is ok but those shows on the discovery health channel usually focus on complicated births. more then likely everything will be ok. yeah there is that chance that something could happen but theres a bigger chance that you will have a normal healthy delivery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I am guilty of being addicted to birth shows on Discovery Health and you are right, there is always some kind of complication. Luckily I don't let them scare me.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I too am addited to those shows. The complicated pregnancy shows they do scare me a little but i keep in mind how everyones situation is different and i use it as a learning experience so that if something does go wrong duing my labor i will have already been introduced to some terms and options to treat the problem by watching the shows.

Its thursday and im counting down. What really kinda scared me today is that A friend of mine told me when she was induced she didnt not deliver until two days later but she was not in too much pain. So i started thinking hopefully mother nature doesnt want me to have that birth experience not that it was bad, because less pain is always good but i just want my son to be here.

I think that have the right word though Labor because ive heard its indeed alot of work. How ever i feel as long as i have my i pod in there with me my music will calm me down and i think that i can handle my pain. Dont get me wrong i can cry like a baby if i have gas too long but keeping in mind that it can not possibly last more than two days at the most i think i should be fine.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
(female)

lady1980 HB User

I am guessing this is your first baby. There is no way to really prepare for it. It's natural to be affraid. Contractions feel like mental cramps and the birth is like going to the bathroom. Don't worry you'll do fine. Look at all the women in the world that had babies before you did. You'll do just fine.

Closed Thread