It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

lamby248 HB User
Sugar in Urine Sample

I went to my OB yesterday and when they tested my urine, the sugar level was high. I don't know the numbers or if there are any numbers?? I feel fine except I have had a cold that keeps lingering with me for the last week. Other than that, I am good, no dizziness or extra tiredness, blurry vision. I have had some sinus headaches but definitely can tell they are sinus headaches.

Yesterday, before I went to the doctor I had a roast beef sandwich on wheat bread with pepper jack cheese, cup of soup (chicken noodle) and then had some red hot dollars, it's like gummy bears so I am sure it is high in sugar. I ran at lunchtime 3 miles so if my sugar was high before that wouldn't that counteract it and make it lower? I've always been told people with diabetes need to get up and move/exercise if they feel like the levels are high.

I had forgotten about eating the candy when I was going down the list of food for my doc, but remembered after we had left the office. He didn't seem like what I ate would cause my sugar to be high though.

Do you think eating the candy is what caused the sugar level to be high when they did the test yesterday? Like I said, I have felt great except for the cold.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: Sugar in Urine Sample

sometimes even non diabetic people spill sugar in there urine. they usually dont worry about it the first time its when it becomes a regular thing that they would do anything.i do have gd but i have only had sugar once at the drs and that was before i even had the gd. if the dr was worried about it he would have told you and if it was dangerously high they would have done something about it. it very well could have been the candy. they sell ketone strips at walmart that you can buy to check your own urine. there only like 8 dollars i think. i have to do mine every morning cuz of the gd to make sure im getting enough carbs with my insulin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
(female)

lamby248 HB User
Re: Sugar in Urine Sample

Thanks for the heads up on the strips.. I'll have to stop by Walmart and see about getting some.

It worried me a bit, because diabetes runs in my family but distantly and my other two babies were big, one being over 9 lbs.

Closed Thread