It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Is it to early to deliver now??

I am really worried and confused I am 32wks 5days I had an u/s today to monitor her growth being I found out a 20wks she has SUA (single umbilical artery) they told me then that there was a big chance of low birth weight preterm labor and all so I have been watched really closely. I started having contractions Thrus. at 33w6d they was regular and some was intense I was giving a shot to stop them and put on bed rest. Well today I went for my
32wk appt had an U/S she weights 4.9lbs they said at 32wks she should with 3.7lbs. They said it looks like she is going to be a real big baby being at my 28 week appt she was 2.9lbs so she gained 2lbs in 4 weeks the dr said if I go full term to my c-section date that he thinks she will be a good 8lbs or bigger I asked the dr about the contractions that I had been having he asked if I had the steroid shots to help with the lung developement and I haven't he said that he's not worried about her lungs that she would be fine if I went in labor now. I asked about bed rest to maybe help stop the contractions and he said no need just rest more and drink more He said she was big enough that he didn't see where she would have any problems. I was having some mild contractions in the office all he said if they get any worse go to L&D.I guess my question is, Is is to early to have her I will be 33 weeks Fri. He acts like it's no big deal I am worried to death I don't want to have her early I am happy that she is growing really fast but just because she is almost 5lbs don't mean I want to have her just yet. I think she needs to stay where she is at and take in all that she can. I don't know if I have a reason to worry or not I just know that I have read so much about babies born to early having all kinds of problems my brother was born 8 weeks early and he is mentally challenged. What do you ladies think.

Sorry if this sounds like I am just rambling but I am really worried Dh don't seem to be concerned he is like the dr she is big enough now that she will be fine. Maybe I am just worring over nothing but it just seems to be to early to me.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: Is it to early to deliver now??

I'm not sure what advice to offer you, but I understand your concerns. I would probably feel the same way. Does your dr operate out of a private practice or within a group? If he is within a group, can you ask to speak w/ one of the other drs? Maybe a second opinion is all you need. Sorry I couldn't be of much help...just wanted you to know I don't think you're overreacting.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Tami,
Hey! Sorry to hear you've been having contractions. I know you are worried, I am too even though things seem to be going ok for us at this point. I would say that you should express your concerns to your doctor and let him know that you are worried about having her earlier than what you should. I think he should give some consideration to your worries and at least not blow it off like it's not a big deal. My sister in law had her twin boys at 34 weeks and while they had to stay in the NICU for a week or two, they did absolutely fabulous and are perfect at 3 years old now. So I think your chances of her being fine are really better than her not being. But again, I know exactly what you mean, why have her earlier than you have to? Let me know how things go and try to take it easy. Just curious, how come you are having a c section? It doesn't have to do with the SUA does it? I will be thinking good thoughts for you and your little girl!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I had a sections with DS my pelvic bone is tilted alittle and I only dialate to 3.5 max. I wanted to try again but the dr said why put her in more stress with labor so I'm not really sure if it has to do with the SUA or not. I really want to try I atleast got a chance with DS I was hoping maybe my body is different now I'm older and things are just different.

My origanal due date was 10/17 I am starting to think maybe they should of stayed with that. I know when I got pg I charted and kept up with everything going by the u/s due date I got at 5wks I would of got pg when Af was due and I know that's not right. I know the day I O'ed by BBTing.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
(female)

lady1980 HB User

Well to answer your questions hun. Don't worry about it. I gave birth to a 26 wk old baby in 2000. My little boy was born weighing 1 lb. 11oz. I took all of my prenatal vitamins as the doctor said to do and I ate all of the healthy foods. My son was born with premature lungs. I didn't have that shot like you did. My son was in the hospital for 4 months because he too little and needed a ventilator to breath for him. He came home at the end of his four month mark but developed pneumonia and had to go back for four more months. He did have to have therapy to get him brought back up to speed.(Physical, occupational, developmental, and speech). My son is now a healthy 7 yr old. He will be 8 in two weeks. The only health problem he has is that he has asthma, which his dad does as well, which is hereitary. He is in 2nd grade due to his birthday missing the Sept 1 cut off and he is just fine. Your baby already is about 3 times the size he was. Don't worry yourself. Keep your eyes open for any symptoms though and don't hesitate to go to the Emergency room.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

The dr that seems to not be worried isn't even my primary OB being it has more than one dr in the office I have to be put on rotations just in case I go into labor early. I will see my regular OB on 9/17.
Every day I make it closer to the 40 week mark the better I am 33 weeks I had to have another shot to stop the contractions. I guess the good part is I'm not dialating and my cervix is still long.

Being I have been charting my temps I know when I ovulated so I know when I got pregnant and my that my due date is Oct.17 but when they did the u/s we got Oct 26 that put me getting pregnant a day after my period was late so I know I didn't get pregnant then. I am beginning to wonder if maybe my orginal due date was right. If that was true I would be 34 weeks her size was 34 weeks and my stomach measured 33+ weeks. I dont' know I'm just guessing trying to figure our why I am having contractions so early.Maybe when I see my regular Dr he can tell me what's going on and why. By the time I see him I will have a list of questions.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

dina08 HB User

I went into preterm labor at 30 weeks. I was in an out of the hospital for several weeks as they tried to stop the labor each time. I was put on bedrest right away and stricter bedrest as the time progressed. They ended up giving me medicine to take at home as well for when the contractions started. It started to look pretty iminent that she was coming before 37 weeks, so they gave me 2 rounds of steroid shots in the hospital. This was a very good thing as she did come early at 35 weeks. Because she had those shots, I believe that is the reason that she was able to come home with us and not have to stay in the NICU. I would strongly advise you to receive those shots or at least have a strong discussion with your doctor about it. I also had to be on bedrest. If I moved around, got into a moving vehicle, etc., I would go into labor again.

I wish you the best of luck and try everyday to keep that baby in there.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I know the shots are good and that if I go in labor that the lungs want be developed so the dr I seen my rotation dr I said something about the shots and he said "oh we don't usually give them to women that are as far along as you" My cousin had her son 7 weeks early he was 4lbs 4oz my little girl at the moment is 4lbs 9oz so she is bigger but I don't think that means anything on developement but they had giving her the steroid shot a couple times almost a week before and kept her in the hospital he still had to stay in the hospital for 3 weeks. So I know they give them to women as far as I am.

I know what you mean by if you get up the contractions start. I am ok going to the bathroom,riding in the car and walking very short distances but like going to wal-mart if I am in there on my feet for longer than 15 or 20 mins I start having contractions again. Mine usually stop if I lay down and don't get up for the rest of the day. When you was having the contractions was you dialating too?
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Closed Thread