It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
November Mommies 2008 - Part 9

Hi Ladies,

I am sorry I have not been around much but things here have suddenly got hectic over the last few days. My sister arrived from Johannesburg on Monday and I did not even know she was coming, my mom, dad and even DH kept it a secret. It is so nice to see her and my nephews, they are so cute, but very tiring. I suppose i need to get use to it. . I then got my new car yesterday, as I only had a 3 door car and it would be difficult getting the baby in and out, so DH and I bought a bigger family car but it is actually my car....it was so exciting. . We also started antenatal classes last night and it was very interesting we now have to go every Tuesday and Thursday for the next 5 weeks......should be loads for fun

Just to catch up on all the post from the previous thread....if i forget someone please forgive me.

Kari the weather warmed up today it was 84 degrees F/ 29 degrees C which is rather warm for this time of year but I am not complaining, I am eve sleeping in summer PJ's tonight.

Amy I am so glad that I made and album for our baby so when he/she looks at it he/she will know how excited we were to be expecting him/her.. Thanks for popping in I am sure that it is not easy for you right now with Jeremy and the new one on the way.

Holly I am glad that you also put your HPT in your scrap book I thought that people might think I am crazy. I hope you and your little guy are well.

Ruby good to hear from you, good luck with your scan tomorrow even tho it is early days I am sure that your baby will look beautiful. I am glad that I have made you all excited to get a 4D scan, it is soooooo amazing.

Have a wonderful evening everyone I am off to bed now.

Charlene

Last edited by Namibia; 09-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User
Re: November Mommies 2008 - Part 9

Hi Charlene

Wow, you have been busy! It must be lovely to see your sister and I bet she was so excited to see you with your pregnant belly. Enjoy the time you have with her! Your antenatal classes sound like fun, I am still friends with a couple of the girls I met at antenatal class and that was ten years ago........ I am sure you will make some life long friends too!

Holly, hope you and the little guy are both well. Thinking of you!

Ruby

Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Ladies!

Things have gotten a little hectic here too. Fall semester started & I am taking 2 courses trying to get as much completed as possible before the baby arrives. One of them is online, so I'm pretty sure I can handle it even though I should be going into labor before the end of the semester. I've had one of my instructors in a previous class & she is great so I know she will work w/ me if I need her to. I'm also trying to get everything situated for my shower at the end of the month.

Charlene, how exciting about your sister coming to visit & about the new car! It must be great seeing her kids knowing your own little one is on his/her way!

Kari & Ruby, thanks for thinking of me! Me & baby are still doing great. Last night I looked at my belly & something was sticking out! LOL I couldn't tell what it was (probably a little too early for that), but it was still pretty neat!! I love how active my little boy is...although he will probably run me ragged after he is born & once he starts crawling!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Holly

Last edited by TryN2BMommy; 09-04-2008 at 04:36 AM.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi Charlene good to hear form you.Wow sounds like you are having a great time with sis and nephews what a wonderful suprise.Oh and congrats on the new car how exciting.Well take care and enjoy the rest of your visit with your sis.

Holly that is funny that something was sticking out of your tummy last night..........lol.I dont think its to early for that.Wow good for you on taking on courses right now.Good luck you will have your hands full there girl.Well take care and have a nice day.

Eva

Old 09-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Eva, thanks for checking in on me!

Well ladies, I had my 28 week appt today & everything went great! My BP was good, urine was good, baby's heartbeat was 148...the dr even felt my belly & was able to tell me where the baby's head, back, butt, arms & legs were - it was so cool!! He said the baby is already head down! I gained 6 pounds in the last month alone which brings me up to 36 pounds total (but my dr's office is only counting 31 because I gained the first 5 pounds before they even saw me! ). People at work are taking bets that I'm going to go early. They say my belly is already dropping. I kind of have a feeling I will be going early too, but hopefully not THIS early. I'm sure all is fine or the dr wouldn't have said I was doing wonderfully. My next appt is only 3 weeks away...getting closer now!

I hope you are all doing great - happy Friday!!

Holly

Old 09-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Holly that is great news.Wow 28 weeks so you are 12 weeks or a little less from meeting your little man.A big congrats to getting where you are and that your little guy is doing well.Well take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Eva

Old 09-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Holly

Well done on an excellent appointment! Can you believe that in just three short months you will be holding your baby......... simply amazing! Take care!

Ruby

Old 09-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi Ladies well life has been totally crazy this lasy week and I have so much to report to all of you.

I had an appointment on Friday for my 30 week appointment and my OB is very happy with my progress our baby weighs 1.5kg's already so i am really happy about that. The h/b was 142bpm so still going strong. My sister came with to the scan and saw our little one so she is now really excited. I now start going every 2 weeks for an appointment so we will be seeing our baby alot over the next 9 weeks.
Yesterday was my (surprise) baby shower while my sister was here. It was so nice and I got really nice presents for the baby. I showed DH all the stuff this morning and he got excited (It is DH's birthday today).I cannot believe that I had my shower it is like a dream come true.

DH and I also finished the Nursery on Saturday so I am please that that is now done. This morning I went in there and sat on the couch and looked at all the presents again and also sat and looked at the cot and thought that in 9 weeks time our angel will be lying in the cot/crib. It is all getting all so exciting.

Holly I am glad that your appointment went well and that you baby boy is being so active. You will soon be meeting your precious angel.

Thinking of all of you.
Love
Char

Old 09-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Eva & Ruby, thanks for checking in w/ me!! It really is hard to believe that I'm so close to meeting my little one! Today marks week 29, so that makes 11 weeks to go.

Charlene, I also can't believe your little angel will be here in 9 short weeks!! Where has the time gone?? I'm so excited for us both! Glad to hear your shower was so wonderful - I'm sure it was a dream come true. My shower is in 3 weeks & I simply cannot wait for it!

I hope all the November mommies are doing great. Would love to hear some more updates.

Holly

Old 09-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Holly, WOW! You've really hit and exceeded such a huge, huge milestone! Beyond 28 weeks, congrats! I live and breathe right now to hit that mark! I'm so excited your boy is so healthy and active... I loved hearing how you could see him moving about thru your belly! What a miracle... and I imagine that movement is just going to get more and more prevalent as you get cloer to delivery! I'm really excited for you. Very cool that your next appt is only 3 weeks out. Do you know if you will be moving to a weekly basis at some point where they'll start checking you for dilation?

Hey Char! Hope you had a great time with your sister! I think it's so exciting that she was able to totally surprise you coming into town! Glad that you had a wonderful surprise baby shower... and congrats on getting the nursery done!!! It's certainly a very exciting time right now during your pregnancy. Well my friend, have a great morning!

Old 09-08-2008, 04:57 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Kari, I know!! I can't believe I'm in my 3rd trimester & next week will mark the 30 week point! It's all so amazing! I believe my dr's office will start scheduling my appts bi-weekly for the 8th month & then weekly for the 9th month...at that stage, they will probably start checking me for dilation. One thing's for sure, I'll be seeing an awful lot of them in the coming months! It really is awesome feeling & seeing my little boy move around so much. He is quite active! At this stage of pregnancy, they tell you to start counting the kicks & that you should feel 10 kicks/movements within an hour or two. I felt 10 movements within 15 minutes! I was so happy! I hope you & your little trio are continuing to do well. I'll go check out the December thread now.

Holly

Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Holly. I know to think in 8 weeks (I got the weeks wrong in my previous post) my little one will be here and in 11 yours. I am also very excited for us both. Time has really flown. My baby shower was a dream come true and really special.

Kari it was awesome to have my surprise baby shower on Saturday and that my sister was here to share it with me. She left this afternoon to go home and I was really sad. She will be back for the birth of our little angel soon.

I hope you have a wondeful day
Char

Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Holly that is awesome wow 30 weeks I am so happy for you and BF.Congrats on getting here.Sounds so amazing to hear you talk about your little man kicking.Well take care.

Charlene wow a suprise baby shower how awesome and to have your sister there must have been wonderful.Glad to hear your appointment went well and that your sister was there with you.Well good to hear from you take care.

Eva

Old 09-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Eva thanks for stopping by. It was very nice to have my sister here to visit and fr my baby shower.

I unpacked all the gifts today and washed all the babys clothes and blankets and put the stroller together as well, everything is now finished all I need to do is pack mine and babys hospital bags but I will wait a while before I do that as I am only 31 weeks now.

Is anyone elase struggling to get comfortable a have a good nights sleep?? I have started having back pain for the last few days and cannot sleep...it does not help that DH was snoring last night either.

I hope you have a wonderful day, I am going to try and get some sleep now.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Char, my heart goes out to you... I seriously feel your pain my friend. You can do what I did last week... DH is no longer allowed to sleep in bed with me! LOL I'm serious tho. It just wasn't working, but mainly cause I was so fidgety. I hated feeling so guilty every time I adjusted (and often moaned! ) trying to find a more comfortable spot... and with the back pain it is even more difficult to get in a good position. If your back is really bad, you may try a heating pad... that helps relax me sometimes (just don't fall asleep with it on like I did last week!). Your prob already doing this, but of course have lots of pillows around... big ones, small ones. That's another reason it wasn't working with DH there. Pillows had overtaken his side of the bed! Not sure if your doc would allow it, but I also turned to benadryl and it works wonder with sleep!!! Just keep hanging in there my friend. You've done a great job and you are getting SO close!!!

Holly, hope you are well and enjoying all those precious little baby kicks!!!!

Closed Thread