It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
no energy

i am just soo tired today i can barely keep my eyes open. ive heard that sometimes before labor you lose all your energy and that sometimes you have an energy boost. has anyone had a day where they just couldnt stay awake and then went in to labor real soon? i know its probably just wishful thinking but im so ready for him to come out ive been begging him to be born!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User
Re: no energy

I just wanted to say that I can relate to the no energy feeling. That's how I feel today, and I can't focus on anything at work either, which is bad because I have conference calls and I sound like an idoit. Good luck, hope this is it for you. I still have 4.5 wks until my due date, so I'm sure I'm just tired because I'm 8 months preggo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

I was pretty much tired my whole pregnancy! I had low iron and was trying to take care of my 3 1/2 yr. old son. I would try to rest as much as possible.

I did not really get any boost of energy before labor either. And I am still tired now after 2 months from giving birth. It has not gotten any easier. I can move around better, though. Thank goodness for that!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

i know how you feel. i have had zero energy the whole time, plus i have a slow thyroid, which makes it worse. they keep increasing my thyroid meds since i am getting bigger. I have to use all my energy at work, since i work in a school and i need energy to be around all those high schoolers, so when i get home i am dead on arrival. one day last week i almost fell asleep in my car on the way home i just take as many naps as i can. good luck with everything.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

I have heard that you may have an energy boost before labor, however this was not the case for me with my first pregnancy at all (although I ended up being induced, but I was in early labor for about 2 days before hand, with painful contractions, but they weren't regular )! I haven't heard anything about losing your energy, but hey, you never know!
I agree with Skyy--you should rest up as much as possible because you will probably be tired until your lo is about 3 months old... lol I didn't get anymore than about 5 hours sleep at a time with ds until he was about 6 months old because of breastfeeding, and I longed soooooo much for a solid 8 hours. It was well worth it though, and it will be this time around too (although I have a feeling I'll be MUCH more tired this time, with a 21 mo, and a newborn...)!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Closed Thread