It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
bleeding postpartum (tmi... sorry!!!)

my baby girl is almost six weeks old. my lochia went from red to brown within the first week and a half, and had been brown to very light brown, getting progressively lighter and i even went a couple of days with no lochia at all.... until a few days ago, and now i'm back to bright red again and getting heavier. i am nursing exclusively too.....

so is this a normal thing, or should i worry???

this is my third baby.... you'd think i'd know this by now!!!

Last edited by marisuela; 09-06-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kittyroo HB User
Re: bleeding postpartum (tmi... sorry!!!)

That's pretty much what happened to me. Bled for a total of about 8 weeks. Lightly for the last few weeks, tho.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

and can i assume that you're perfectly fine now and everything is normal?

i feel so dumb because this is the third time around, but i just can't remember the first two postpartum periods..... probably due to extreme sleep deprivation!!!

thanks for the response!

Old 09-07-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kittyroo HB User

Well, "normal" is a relative term ;-). Yes, I am as normal as they come in terms of my body recovering from delivery! Congrats on your LO! I'm so jealous. I would LOVE a second, but I don't know if it's in the cards.

So, yes, I'm sure you'll just be barely spotting that dark brown blood at your six week check if anything at all.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gotcha.... "relatively normal"..... it's all about perspective, isn't it??

if it's in the cards, go for it! i thought i was the luckiest mom in the world the day my first was born, and then i had my second and thought it just couldn't get any better.... now i have my third and i can't imagine being happy without her! it's amazing!!!

so here's the thing.... my bleeding is getting increasingly heavy as the day progresses, it's bright red, and now i'm having some lower back pain, mostly left sided....

any ideas???

Last edited by marisuela; 09-07-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #6
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

i would call your doctor (not trying to scare you) but i just think they would be able to give you the best advice. im sure its nothing to worry about but if its progressively getting heavier and its a change from last week and the week before i would just call your doctor's office, they can usually have a nurse call you back and let you know if you need to come in or not...good luck! im sure youre fine! (on a side note, even though you are breastfeeding, it could be your period)

Old 09-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! not my period!!!!!!!! anything but that!!!!

thanks for the advice. i did go ahead and schedule an appointment for tomorrow afternoon, so i'll let ya'll know what they say. i'm sure it's nothing, but i just don't remember this from my other kids!

Closed Thread